• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[We judge and evaluate people who post about prepping]

And what does the winner get?
    O.W.
    Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Sniping at one another will get us nowhere. Rancher has a ranch and the lifestyle to go with it. Not all of us have his lifestyle. Not all of us want his lifestyle. I chose my lifestyle 39 years ago when I joined the military. Spent 24 years on active duty: Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, and Desert Storm. Now I teach young volunteer soldiers to be the best they can be at a job not many want. I’m proud of what I do for a living. It has kept me on or very near to military installations for 39 years. Would I trade that lifestyle? Not for one minute.

Wife has been with me for all of those years and has never complained. Did we make a lot of money? Far from it. Were times tough? Sure they were. But we did it and raised three wonderful children at the same time. We now have five beautiful grandchildren.

I do not participate in this forum to judge anyone. I am neither a member of any law firm nor a member of any jury. Judge not lest ye be judged. We are here to learn from others that are doing the things we are doing and maybe, just maybe, will be able to help someone else do it also.

Originally posted by Rancher

Today we repaired 2,000' of downed barb wire fence from a rough winter of 18' of snow. Next day is another 2,000' or so. Life out here ain’t for wimps and I am supposed to be retired and all...right.
      I guess that is the lifestyle you chose so don’t complain about it. If you didn’t want to be repairing 4000’ of barbed wire fence, you should have moved to the city.
      As Zombie Axe would say...
      "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

Originally posted by rancher View Post
        We judge and evaluate people who post about prepping and survival on exactly what they have done.
        YOU judge people. WE look at what people offer and either incorporate their ideas or don't. No judgement. WE also don't tell people that they are full of crap because we DON'T incorporate their ideas.

Not about what they wish to do someday, where they wished they lived, what they wished they had, or any dreamland crud.
        Who said anything even remotely like that on this thread?

So deal with that dear.
        Excuse me? I am most certainly not YOUR dear.

Just the facts on how much action have some of you taken to match all the darn blogging you do.
        Again - why are you here? WE are here to discuss our preps, ideas for what preps we may be missing, ideas for better ways to do things we already have planned. Ideas, ideas, ideas. There is no way to EXCHANGE ideas without blogging about them.

Spend more time gettin gready and relocated than blogging endlees crud about the wish list for losers and what we happily call...victims.
        WHAT wish list? Those ideas I mentioned? AGAIN, why are you here? Obviously, you have ALL of your plans dialed in and we have absolutely nothing to offer you.

Today we repaired 2,000' f downed barb wire fence from a rough winter of 18' of snow. Nxt day is another 2,000' or so. Life out here ain;t for whimps and I am supposed to be retired and all...right.
        You waited until JUNE to repair your fence? Perhaps if you didn't spend so much time second guessing people and blogging gripes about THEIR blogging your fence would already be repaired.

Done with you. Bye.
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

I think that one of the reasons that many of us come is to SHARE...ideas, goals, thoughts etc. I don't see many talking future dream goals, other than what the next prep they will be getting.
          Wife has consistanly showed pictures of her preps and steps she is taking, as have many others. Those ARE the facts.

This forum actually has less armchair survivalists than many others.

Comment

To each his own.... we fix the fence for several reasons. One it is our first line of perimeter defense. A tight fence that is cleared on both sides can be watched to observe anyone approaching to try to cross it. A downed fence is easy and fast to cross...now they are inside the first perimeter defense. Not good. The fence lines are straight and true and one rifleman can watch, report and even defend 3,000 feet. Having to stop to deal with a barb wire fence helps to defeat an attack way out there.

It also keeps other people’s wandering livestock out, hunters, hikers, tree lovers, lost city folk, and anyone else who is not invited in. It is part of the responsibility of owning land in the country. I fully enjoy the work required to have a great place. Up at 4:30 to 5:00 and commute all the way out to one of the barns to get started on the days projects. To bed by 9:00 and sleep very well. Not the life for most and that is no problem. I was born and raised in the burbs and hitch hiked away from it all three months after high school. The lifestyle we enjoy is the result of choices we have made as well. It was not handed to us.

Working for the military for a good chunk of your life is great! We have three retired military officers on board and others looking into us. They made their choices in life and now want to be prepped for a real possible bad time. In order to qualify to join with our group even they are judged on what they have done. They are provided a list to fill and get confirmed. They don't have to and the results are they don't get in.

That is what the judging is all about here. But we have discovered a side line in doing all this which has been confirmed over and over again by us and a few others who have truly taken the prep issue to heart with a remote location and the means to defend it and stay there for a couple years or more. The side line we have found is that somewhere around 98% of bloggers on all these sites talk and talk and have really done so little. Not all and maybe not you. Every site also claims they are not like the others full of arm chair bloggers. Go figure?

No one place would be totally safe during most real serious and extended crisis events. Even ours could and would be challenged. We expect that and much more than once or twice...also at 1:00 am in the morning. We have taken many steps to defeat such occurrences...have you? Can You? Do you have the ability to sleep at night while others watch all the perimeter sides? Can they see in the dark? Can they shoot in the dark? If not IOHO we find that as simple matter of lacking. Call it judging or not...the facts remain the same. Fact is (most places which attempted to survive a crisis event) in other countries were over run and slaughtered between 12:30 and 3:00 am in the morning. When you take away the things in life which help keep our society somewhat normal they will do and act just like their counter parts in these other lands have.

Point is...EMD or not, natural disaster or not, economic ruin or not or whatever is a mute point. You fully prep for all or none. What might come down the road is not by your choice. By fully prepping one must be able to rule the night. I doubt most of you have addressed that point and probably wish and hope that nothing bad comes snooping around your place after dark. To late then. We judge others by what they have done. If they have done what it takes and both sides are of similar minds we now have another on board here. We fully expect them to also examine and judge us for what we have done. At times we are found lacking and correct that. We sure don’t complain about being judged. Would much rather be sharpened by steel now than complain about it and pay dearly for it later. Maybe with our lives. It takes a whole lot more than some food and a garden to make it. Well at least we believe that...you don’t need to agree with our thoughts at all. We look for the few and the truly well prepped. If in doing so we rock your boat...sorry.

Comment

cut and paste...

One last thing we have observed. Folks that like to cut and paste a sentence or statement out of a longer explanation...then comment all about that one line on it's own... They are not able to easily look at things in an over all context. I see it in critics elsewhere who like to pick a line out of a speech, discourse or conversation and try to evaluate the other by such means. Lame at best.

Learn to stay in context and most everything stated anywhere is tied into what was said before and afterwards. If the shoe fits...wear it ;-)

Comment

found lacking or not?

Sorry the Bible and life itself is full of situations in which judgements were and are made. I will not judge your spiritual walk with God...not my place or ability but I sure will judge others for other things. By the way so do you.

Let me help some of you pious people out here.... You go house hunting to buy in an area.. You judge the schools/ thus the people in them. Are they good enough for your children.... You judge the neighborhoods/ thus the people in them. You don’t pick up a hitch hikers/ thus you judge them as being unsafe. You drive into a parking lot and try not to park next to the car that is all damaged and looks like crud. You figure they would probably slam their door into your nice SUV and dent it....judging as I read it. No problem we all do it ;-)

You judge one church from another as to which one you will grace with your presence/ thus you judge the people or person. You married within your own race? Judging others outside it as not a good choice. You determine who is more worthy of your help if any. You sure don’t help everyone you meet or hear about now do you? You look at an obese person and figure they way over eat and under exercise.... more than likely you are right. You look at a trim and healthy person and determine they eat right and do exercise. You are probably right on that determination as well.... You look at yourself in the mirror and what you see is what other people see and use to judge you. You judge/determine who you would team up with in a survival situation and who you would not...right? You judge daily who you think you can trust or not... be honest oh pious ones.

In the Bible Jesus said a wise person judges/determines the cost of building a home so as not to run out of money half way through and be judged a fool by others and laughed out.... I guess one can now freely judge a fool from a wise person...right?

We judge your seriousness and ours in prepping on what you or we have done...not on your or our dreams. Be honest here. If the SHITF today, only what you have done will be at your disposal to use to attempt to weather it.... that is the only way to determine if one is prepared or not. If it happened today is the real means to determine if one has done what they post about. We welcome others who have walked the walk to judge or reach determinations about us and our groups preparations. We learn form them and then improve ourselves.

Judging is just another word for reaching a determination...plain and simple. We all judge or reach determinations on things and people daily so get off your high horse and walk with the rest of us honest folks.

Jesus will be judging you on judgement day as well.... or is it more politically correct to say Jesus will be determining your destiny on determining day instead?

Comment

My shoes fit me just fine. I am who/what I say I am on this board. I'm not into weapons, everyone here knows that. I don't believe in breaking the law, everyone here knows that. This is my right, my decision, my choice.

Should a particular board be flagged and an agent planted and if they so choose to check on me, they would find exactly what I "blog" about. :cool:

My greatest "weapon/defense" is God. However, I RESPECT D's request that we not bring religion into every post due to various beliefs.

Rancher, you are right that we judge and evaluate people by what they post. I have found many of the people here to be wonderful, caring, supportive and willing to help educate others on self-sufficiency, by judging what they have posted.

Skyowl, I am sorry your thread has turned into this, however I will continue, I hope you forgive me..

Mags is WONDERFUL when it comes to gear, training videos, how-to's and is a patient, thorough teacher who is not condescending while answering what some might consider stupid questions. He has sent me various items that have really opened my eyes to what we could be facing. I encourage everyone to seek him out and not be afraid to ask him questions. You might want to ask him about his slides on first aid. (hint) ;)

I could go on and on about the people here, I consider friends, about their talents, ideas and generous natures. I would choose to band together with these good folks and even die with them should it come to that, just because of who they are as people with their humanity intact. I would CHOOSE them over a fortress ranch with a gazillion weapons.
                  Last edited by Lostinoz; 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Do not listen to her, she's a crazy woman! "They" were just here looking for her and "they" looked pissed!:p:D

Wow, thank you.:o That's a lot of kind words and a lot to live up to. I will tell you I have been doing this a long time. My background is more wilderness camping/hiking/survival, with a lot of military, security and first aid added. I also used to teach SAR/survival in the CAP. I love to teach and I loved the kids. (Rotating off days squashed that.)

There is a lot of information to be had on this forum. Just turn your BS meters up so you can filter through it all finding the good/true/practical. I always wished there was more vetting on forums. So that a young Army private headed to Iraq for the first time didn't waste his money on gear that some pimple faced paintball playing kid on a computer in his parents basement suggested under the guise of being BTDT.

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread.....................
                    Last edited by Mags; 06-07-2009, 01:55 PM.
                    Well, for me, the action is the juice.....I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mags View Post
                      Do not listen to her, she's a crazy woman! "They" were just here looking for her and "they" looked pissed!:p:D

Wow, thank you.:o That's a lot of kind words and a lot to live up to. I will tell you I have been doing this a long time. My background is more wilderness camping/hiking/survival, with a lot of military and first aid added. I also used to teach SAR/survival in the CAP. I loved to teach and I loved the kids. (Rotating off days squashed that.)
                      You are right - it's like she's lost - someplace like Oz, right? ;)

Your info HAS been good, I appreciate people like you (AND her!), thx for being here, both of you.
                      "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Why must you chose?

Who is to say one can not have both God and a few weapons to clear out the dangers which come a knocking... But to each his own. Your judgement of our ranch is just that ...a human judgement made in the flesh. You have not been here so you speculate. Judgement my friend ;-0

Regardless you have your path we have ours.... Praise God and pass the ammo...

Comment

fellow ZONI

Hey skyowl I could use the links to our states plans, If you could post them I would be greatful. thanks

Leadslinger
                          You can not multiply wealth by dividing it.:cool:

Comment

Who is to say one can not have both God and a few weapons to clear out the dangers which come a knocking... But to each his own. Your judgement of our ranch is just that ...a human judgement made in the flesh. You have not been here so you speculate. Judgement my friend ;-0

Regardless you have your path we have ours.... Praise God and pass the ammo...
                            And a hearty Amen. :)

Comment

Originally posted by leadslinger View Post
                              Hey skyowl I could use the links to our states plans, If you could post them I would be greatful. thanks

Leadslinger
                              Beacuse you asked so nicely...:)

http://www.dem.azdema.gov/preparedness/index.html

http://www.dem.azdema.gov/preparedne...ing/serrp.html

http://www.dem.azdema.gov/logistics/...lan_Sept08.pdf
                              As Zombie Axe would say...
                              "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

Maybe a dumb question but does anyone know how EMP might affect the programmable combo on a gun safe?

Comment

Working...
                                X