No announcement yet.

Here's my chicken coop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE JOB! I want one just like it but it has to be bear proof!
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

well done !!
      ~ Awesome ~

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
        NICE JOB! I want one just like it but it has to be bear proof!
        BEAR PROOF! Good luck with that.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Tony

Comment

Bears are a problem for me as well as coyotes and fisher cats. Maybe when I build mine, an "instant on" type of light might help. I wonder if a siren would help too, but not sure how I'd hook one up.

Comment

Looks like a Nice one to me great job! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post
              Dracos, one dark morning, about 5 a.m., I heard a ruckus in the chicken pen and thought a stray dog was out there causing a stir. I ran outside in housecoat, slippers and a big stick to chase it away. Yeah, this creature's head spun around (twice I think) and stared at me and had a wingspan of about 90 ft (ok, it was dark and it was scary lol) and I decided that the creature could have the chicken with my blessing. I figure it was either an owl or a gargoyle. lol I definitely wasn't about to fight it over the chicken and just slowly backed up away from it.

Sorry for the drift Tony.
              LOL! Was prolly a gargoyle! If it was eating your chickens, you can CALL it that, anyway!

One day, will tell you about the bat we had.
              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

And Tony -

Is a GREAT coop! Do you intend to get a rooster to keep the ladies company?
                "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Well, it looks great! I now have a job for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
                    And Tony -

Is a GREAT coop! Do you intend to get a rooster to keep the ladies company?
                    I'm still debating. When I do get a rooster I'll stick to one breed of bird. But for now, I enjoy having different kinds to look at.

The black sexlinks should be laying soon. I can't wait. I'm gonna show that egg to everybody I know!

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                      I'm still debating. When I do get a rooster I'll stick to one breed of bird. But for now, I enjoy having different kinds to look at.
                      Unfortunately, without that fella, there's no chicken for your pot ;).

Comment

21 weeks, 1 day after getting the first birds I found this small, but unusually heavy object.

I don't know which one did it. Here's a pic of them from 2 or 3 weeks ago.

The chicken coop also seems to be a magnet for other critters.

eeeeekk! She's a big one.

Comment

:eek: GAAHhhhhh! Now i'm all twitchy with "things" crawling!

Is that an egg sac? Lordy, get rid of it!

Your other "heavy object" is a beauty!

Comment

Congrats on the egg. Your birds sure look healthy.

Comment

Chicken Coop ?........ Man that right there is a Chicken Condo ,here in Kentucky!
                              Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Comment

Working...
                              X