Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tugaloo
    replied
    Nothing similar going on here, I'm glad I live in a small town.

Leave a comment:

• RICHFL
    replied
    Well it has started again. Yesterday the local city decided that public employees will wear masks. That includes schools. The governor has signed a statement that parents are to decide if and when their kids will mask.

Went to local Wal Mart busy is not the word. Seems the larger Wal Mart was closed "for cleaning". A lot of items were gone including cleaning supplies, laundry, toilet paper, canned meat, etc. Gas prices have gone down to $2.81 with little traffic. So there we are.

POD casts from peppers are talking about three things. Climate, economic, and covid shtf, and the things you need asap. Well they talked about shortages in stores (right), topics (right), and what is missing (right). They are right on the money. Need to watch and need their advice.

Leave a comment:

• Tugaloo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nik View Post
    Not the science changing, as the ruddy virus mutating, such that variations / traits that spread fastest as out-wit or over-run our immune system are very strongly selected...

As I understand it, the immunity you get from a Covid infection is 'narrower', more specific, than from the 'Western' vaccines, which were brewed to be more 'generic'. Against such expected mutations...

But, the Covid variants are worse than hoped, with the 'Delta' more different and much nastier than extrapolated. And its spin-offs are likely to be even more infectious.

So, if offered a 'booster' this Autumn, please get it, along with your 'seasonal flu' and decadal pneumonia...
    All viruses mutate as a result each year, they make a best guess as to which strain to tailor the vaccine.. They have been wrong a at least twice times in the past decade.. It wasn't a fun experience.

I've been vaccinated for pneumonia, the two shot. In June this year, the FDA approved Prevnar 20 that protects against 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria. I have an appointment this month.
    Here decadal pneumonia is the average anomaly a 10-yr moving average; so I'm not sure I understand your reference.

COVID is a weaponized bug; as a result it mutates faster than the norm that explains the nastier and even more infectious.

Perhaps, the science isn't changing; however, what is reported varies too often. It was science who stated if you had the virus and were vaccinated; immunity increased; I read it and repeated it.
    What is interesting is who funded the labs in Wuhan.

Currently, Pfizer is offering a booster for their 93% COVID and 88% D current vaccine; no word from Moderna.

Leave a comment:

• Nik
    replied
    Not the science changing, as the ruddy virus mutating, such that variations / traits that spread fastest as out-wit or over-run our immune system are very strongly selected...

As I understand it, the immunity you get from a Covid infection is 'narrower', more specific, than from the 'Western' vaccines, which were brewed to be more 'generic'. Against such expected mutations...

But, the Covid variants are worse than hoped, with the 'Delta' more different and much nastier than extrapolated. And its spin-offs are likely to be even more infectious.

So, if offered a 'booster' this Autumn, please get it, along with your 'seasonal flu' and decadal pneumonia...

Leave a comment:

• Tugaloo
    replied
    So far, we haven't seen much of it here. The local newspaper said cases have doubled; here, that means in the low teens. The nearest town is under 9K; so, things are slower here.
    I'm a Vietnam Vet and I'm Agent Orange positive.

You did NOT do anything wrong. Just continue to do the right thing. You can't get others to do the right thing; however, you can do the right thing for yourself.
    With all the rumors floating around about the vaccines, I understand people's fears of it as every vaccine had its rumors.
    All you or anyone can do is suggest others do the right thing. However, it is their choice.

We both tested positive; nothing serious. After we tested negative, we were vaccinated. I've read that being positive; then getting vaccinated raises the effectiveness of the vaccine. As the science kept changing; how it can beats me.

Food was available here at the local grocery store; however, it is pricey. Unfortunately, we shop at Costco or Sam's; due to panic buying supplies there were limited.
    Here, we can buy meat from a local supplier and the vegetables we don't grow, we buy at the local farmer's market.

Leave a comment:

• Nik
    replied
    UK, almost all people currently being hospitalised due Covid were un-vaccinated. Likewise the deaths...

UK data indicates a prior Covid infection, hopefully 'mild', only gives a 'narrow' immunity to subsequent variants, especially the rampant 'Delta'.

Any 'Western' vaccine boot-straps that to fair immunity, plus significantly reduces virus shedding if you do catch it, plus seriously reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, and reduces mortality if hospitalised by factor of a dozen.
    What's not to like ??

Downside, I've lost track of which Russian & Chinese vaccines are considered safe and efficacious.

There may be a third vaccine available as booster around time of 'seasonal flu' jab. Given the way 'Covid Delta' is much more infective than prior variants and looks set to out-flank the Rus/Chi vaccines, I strongly urge uptake of booster...

Leave a comment:

• RICHFL
    started a topic Covid-19

Covid-19

I noticed that no one is talking about the current pandemic and what they have observed.

Let me start. Back in mid January 2020 I watched several you tube videos from China. I became alarmed when the governments did nothing. I started purchasing a lot of canned goods, dry goods, toilet paper, and updated all meds. With in a 30 day period goods disappeared off the shelfs. I spent over $2000.00 to start. Noticed many businesses closed up by mid May (60) days. Schools closed at the same time. Government response was hand wash, wear a mask, and.keep 6' apart. In other words nothing! luckily I'm retired!!!!!

By the time the government reacted, it was (90) days. They threw money at research, stopped international travel, and restricted were you could go, and when masks were mandatory. Enough of history.

Currently I took the vaccine back in Jan/Feb. My grandson and son came down with Covid-19 last month. I still have three family members who will not take the vacine. Why, because there is not enough research yet, or they are waiting for FDA approval!

What did I do right/wrong?

Right: Purchased 6 months supply of food and goods, stayed away from people, and took the shots as soon as I could.

Wrong: Did not explained to my family enough that they would get the vacaine. With over 100 million doses given with only a few reactions to it; why wait now with the 4th wave (D) now spreading fast.
Working...
X