No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phase III. now Biden has stepped in stating he might order our governor to order people in school to mask.

I thought the 10th amendment states ...that all other rights belong to the state... right?

Comment

Obviously, we know the Constitution and others don't.

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem.”
      Yup, I've noticed..

Comment

Here is some news for everyone. After an investigation a nurse has been arrested for replacing the vaccine with water. They do not know how many doses she did this with. Maybe we all need to be checked for the antibodies!!! What next murder charges for this nurse???

Comment

There is always some sickie in the crowd. This goes beyond merely sick.

For those who doubt your post:
          https://www.npr.org/2021/08/11/10268...germany-saline They need to stop doubting.

What they are uncertain about is how many people. Some reports state "more than 8000" and others state 8600. OTOH, how would "they" know how many? Unless, it was how many it vaccinated?

What was she trying to prove; other than perhaps, the vaccine doesn't work?

Comment

Some good news for a change.

FDA to approve the third dose booster shots for people with immune problems. Should be out by September.

Texas Courts uses common sense approach to rule that the governor has the power to give parents the right and responsibility on, their kids need to mask in school!!!!!!

Life is starting to get brighter!

Comment

Hopefully, life will stay bright!

Biden administration health officials are expected to recommend COVID-19 booster shots for all Americans who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, regardless of age, eight months after they received the second shot, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to USA TODAY.

The news, which will be announced as soon as this week, comes as the delta variant rages across the country. It also comes amid anxieties about the Pfizer vaccine's waning immunity and the Food and Drug Administration's approval of booster vaccines for immunocompromised people.
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/8160915002/

It's a good article worth reading the whole thing.

Comment

A US pharmacy's been busted for selling dozens of official vaccination certificates without giving the vaccine. Perp may get a decade for each.
                That nurse busted for injecting water instead of vaccine ? Unclear if she's anti-vaxx, had accidentally ruined that batch, or had sold the vials...
                US Customs & Ports have intercepted multiple batches of badly printed fake vaccination certificates...

And, as I said, in UK, the same people who masked against street-level facial-recognition CCTV, then refused to mask against Covid, are now masking against the 'mutant RNA' they claim us vaccinated sheeple are shedding...

Comment

Very true:
                  https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/pharm...n-cards-online
                  https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-custo...cination-cards

Fake vaccination cards from China:
                  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-th...s-at-one-port/

Judging by your in the UK comment, the insanity is global.

IMO, the virus mutates because it was weaponized. I know all "bugs" mutate into different strains, but COVID appears to mutate faster. If someone is more knowledgeable on the subject, please assist.

Comment

Well it is now a fact. If you had the vaccine in the last 8 months you will need a booster shot very soon like in September. Should had known this was going to happen now you need a flu shot each year and a booster for C-19.

Comment

In recent times, the flu vaccine wasn't correct for flu that arrived and I caught it. Years later, I mentioned it to a nurse at the VA.. She smiled and said this year, "they" got it wrong again.

So yes on the one hand, we are vaccinated and will take whatever booster shots they offer. However, as the Pfizer vaccination' s "immunity is waning, I don't have much faith in the vaccinations, boosters, or whatever. Same as in industry or whatever sector, folks lose faith based on failures.
                      Tugaloo
                      Valued Member
                      Last edited by Tugaloo; 08-20-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Yesterday on Fox news Covid-19 was discussed dealing with the FD A statement that everyone will need o take a booster shot at the 8th month after the last vaccine shot. This mom d because of the mutation of the curiosity the Beta and Lambedo virusl!

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                          Yesterday on Fox news Covid-19 was discussed dealing with the FD A statement that everyone will need o take a booster shot at the 8th month after the last vaccine shot. This mom d because of the mutation of the curiosity the Beta and Lambedo virusl!
                          More control and more so-called science that changes every day?
                          Yet, when we do the math, 333,244,303 people, 644,231 deaths equals a percentage of .2%. Here is the link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
                          Do the math yourself. As all nations are listed, do the math wherever one lives.
                          That doesn't mean we are not vaccinated because we are; or when a booster is available, we will get it. OTOH, I've lost faith in my government as all they offer is agendas and not leadership.

Today we went to Costco and filled a 19 cu-ft. freezer with beef (steaks and chop meat), chicken, fish, pork and cases of canned string beans, corn and yellow fin tuna.. As we all learned the last time, COVID means food shortages because the food infrastructure shuts down.

I have no doubt in time we will be warned of the COVID-Zed virus. . Then what, the COVID-AA version?

Comment

"More control and more so-called science that changes every day?"

Viruses and bacteria mutate: It is a cruel 'given'.
                            Even small mutations may produce big changes, especially to viral 'coat' proteins. This is how many viruses go 'zoonotic', jump species.

Our immune systems and medical care are in a 'Red Queen' race to keep up. Vaccines do wonders, but previous development & testing times meant that they could not keep up with rapidly changing strains. IIRC, even the 'mix' in 'Seasonal Flu' must 'commit' by Easter to be ready by mid-Autumn.

Analogy would be putting big non-returnable bets on UK's prestigious 'Grand National' horse-race before ballot that selects 20-some runners from 40+ applicants. Hence 'Flu vaccine's mix, which gives a sorta 'each-way' spread-bet. Some years, works much better than others. Whatever, better than no vaccine at all...

Another analogy would be fighting scrub fire. If flame-whirls jump your carefully cleared fire-break, Plan_B has gone up in smoke.

Covid is mutating fast enough that trad development would only be delivering a vaccine or three for the 'A' variant. The 'Western' vaccines tried to anticipate virus 'spike' changes, extrapolated well enough to still provide better protection from 'Delta' than given by surviving an earlier variant. And, such vaccine 'broadens' any immunity conferred by exposure to an earlier variant.

Note that Covid hospitalisations & deaths are mostly of the un-vaccinated.
                            I'll rephrase that: 'Western' vaccines prevent most people getting seriously ill.

I've lost track of lower efficacies of Rus & Chinese & Indian vaccines: They are probably better than 'no vaccine', but use 'Due Care'. IIRC, the Brazilian experience is 'unhappy'...

May I draw parallel with Tuberculosis ? The BCG vaccine is not perfect, but it beats a grim year of unpleasant medication and strict quarantine. You'd have no qualms about quarantining tri-resistant TB Infected or Carriers, yet TB is a slow dire-disease, carries scant risk of killing you or your kin within a matter of days...

Also, Covid mostly transmits by riding aerosol droplets. Even basic masking, distancing & ventilation improve your chances of avoiding infection, certainly reduces your chances of picking up a big dose which could overwhelm your immune system...

Stay Safe, Stay Well...
                            Nik
                            --

I'm seeing reports that some hospitals in Alabama have declared 'Code Black', have again run out of ICU beds for severe Covid cases. Reached the stage that at least one hospital will not admit Covid cases if un-vaccinated, Triage reckoning such are probably 'gonners'...

As I said above, 'Western' vaccines prevent most people getting seriously ill.

Tangential, please ensure you get your Seasonal 'Flu vaccine this Autumn, and 'decadal' Pneumonia vaccination if lapsed.
                            Plus, yes, a Covid booster if available...
                            Are you feeling lucky ?? Worst-case scenario, 'Triage', they give you more points than that non-masking anti-vaxxer on next gurney...
                            Stack the odds in your favour...
                            N

Comment

The so-called science I was referring to was initially if one recovered from the virus; then, was vaccinated the vaccine would be more effective by a percentage. Suddenly, that changed and now more at risk than before. Who knows what tomorrow will say?

Whoa, I am vaccinated and I will take the booster when it is offered. No, I don't wear a mask when fishing on the lake, river, trout stream or hiking with my wife in the Chattahoochee National forest. I do wear one in public places and I sanitize my hands in public places.
                              I don't wear a mask at a horse ministry when I walk alongside a disabled friend in case he would fall. OTOH, neither does a doctor, a former chief medical examiner for a county in Georgia. Now semi retired, he is an ER GP because he still has hs words "something to give."
                              Nor does the disabled man's daughter who has her doctorate in epidemiology. A few months ago, she returned from Namibia where she was working with AIDS for CDC because the funding ran out. She is awaiting another assignment from CDC. She wants out of the AIDS sector to another sector of epidemiology.
                              From her, I learned most of us were told the way the AIDS virus infected humans was from butchering monkeys to eat that is correct. However, the virus was also communicated to humans from butchering hippopotamus to eat. Yucky, but it is their way and not mine.

At the last update on August 19, Alabama has 663,065 total cases of COVID, 12,000 deaths, and 509,800 recoveries. A typical mechanical engineer I did the math. 12,000/663,065 = .0118 X 100 = 1.18%
                              Is that a Code Black? Would you enjoy a link? Sure, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/alabama/

BTW, by your spelling of colour etc, you might not know the reality of COVID statistics in the US.
                              "“The case definition is very simplistic,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”
                              https://townhall.com/columnists/john...eaths-n2568925
                              When I read the above, I knew it was fake news until I looked up Dr. Ngozi Ezike and discovered it was real! In short, if someone dies of any cause in the US and tests positive for COVID, the cause of death is COVID.

It appears you have mistaken me for some internet blowhard. If you desire, I can continue to play with more interesting quotes and links.
                              Anyhow the TV show NCIS is on and I'd rather watch it.

Comment

To repeat myself, I am vaccinated. I will take the booster shot(s). I do wear a mask in public places and use hand sanitizer.

And now, there's growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.

There's a dearth of scientific studies with concrete answers, leaving public policy makers and corporate executives to formulate plans based on fragmented information. While some are renewing mask mandates or delaying office reopenings, others cite the lack of clarity to justify staying the course. It can all feel like a mess.

"We have to be humble about what we do know and what we don't know," said Tom Frieden, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the head of the nonprofit Resolve to Save Lives. "There are a few things we can say definitively. One is that this is a hard question to address."

Why do I say so-called science?

"It is generally the case that we have to make public health decisions based on imperfect data," Frieden said. "But there is just a lot we don't know."

In the article, other equally qualified people attribute the rise is cases to Delta and those who are not vaccinated or what is called break-through infections.
                                However, "and what seemed like a turning point in the pandemic. About three-fourths of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people." Although some might believe that shows the vaccine doesn't work. It is a fact those who are vaccinated have a higher recovery rate than those who aren't vaccinated.

All the above quotes are from https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...t-16402646.php
                                I don't know who sfgate is; OTOH, I can search for the people they quoted.

Basically, I follow whatever the guidance of the moment is, I seriously doubt I or any of us are safe. OTOH, being vaccinated and following the guidance of the day increases one's chances of surviving.. In short, it is similar to our preps.

Comment

Working...
                                X