Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROLL CALL......Who is still ALIVE.....????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
    I fail to see the slightest trigger to attract CIA, NSA, FBI, and nine other intelligence agencies. But please tell what I said that alarms you.
    The way you stated it earlier would be a trigger for the paranoia of certain elements of the Deep State, who watch blogs and forums for "Right Wing Zealots."

So, forgetting all of that, this is much better:
    I am interested in "new" thinking reference Prepping and Survival. I am tired of the existing (deeply flawed) regurgitated B.S. by clueless clowns, who just learned some prepping poop last week and are wildly racing around forums blabbering.

I laid it out above. I want to be in a small group of new thinking very serious preppers. I have "zero" interest in anything illegal, I am simply bored to tears with regurgitated shit from, those who only learned from internet. I crave being in a small group of those like myself with very extensive 'living it" what I call "Boots in the Field Experience".

Not attempting to offend anyone. We are all at some level of this.
    OK, got it.

You are fed up with newbies and what I call Yuppy Preppers.
    Yuppy Preppers are those who think they can be prepped by doing nothing more than acquiring a barn full of "things."

One of the problems with "advanced prepping" is that the fundamentals of prepping are fairly well known.
    Except, to the Newbies and Yuppies.
    The Newbies need to learn, and the Yuppies need to be put in their place.
    And we have to do that without offending either of them.

As I have pointed out, not too long ago, there is also the problem that their are something like 300 prepping forums.
    Most of them are not heavily traveled, cost a bundle to run, and so, they subsist on pushing products, either in advertisements, product reviews, or in postings that are really just product placements in disguise.

Am I on the right track?

Another problem is that "what comes next" after those well known fundamentals is very individualistic.

It becomes a match game of: what values and skills does the person have vs. forecasting, what are the threats to that persons lifestyle, and what can be done to protect the person. All of that varies from person to person.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
      Another problem is that "what comes next" after those well known fundamentals is very individualistic.

It becomes a match game of: what values and skills does the person have vs. forecasting, what are the threats to that persons lifestyle, and what can be done to protect the person. All of that varies from person to person.
      True........But I "Feel" there is much more. There is so much we don't know because we don't know that we don't know it.

But if you get experienced preppers "Brainstorming" an area it can open new. The new comes out of so much getting put in, that one comment triggers a new idea from someone who has totally different backgrounds of experience.

If you could (just for pretend thinking....what if) somehow get very experienced (boots in the Field Preppers) together in one meeting room for a week or month or a year. "New" thought about prepping for survival would emerge.

We see a small amount of this on the "international" prepping forums. But that is not "exactly" what I am referring to. That is bringing how they do it in one part of the world info to another part of the world fresh thinking to them. I am interested in new thinking about prepping. Not moving info. for continent to different continent.

I feel if you got "experienced" preppers who have been living it in the field for decades, all together. And start a conversation, the evolves into "OK....I see what your saying.....but what if we did this instead". And someone else might say, OK.....I see what you are both saying........but what if we tried this, do you think that might work...?? And it goes on and on and on and on.....then suddenly they realize they have created a small piece of new thinking reference prepping.

It is my opinion that "current" prepping theory is so deeply flawed, it needs total overhaul. The other method is regular catastrophic SHTF events.......which cull those who failed to survive, and purified what worked, and maybe.....just maybe triggered a new way of going forward, born out of massive deaths.

If a lot of people died, not a few, but a lot......people look at what did not work, and out of that failure and death comes "New prepping Thinking".

But you can't do it with people who only have book learning or reading internet forum learning, or watching u-tube learning. All of that is exactly what is wrong with "forums".

You need a deep well of diverse "Boots in the Field" actually living it for decades, to all come together, for "breakthrough" new prepping thinking.
      Last edited by Sourdough; 01-02-2021, 08:51 AM.
      One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

The nature of the emerging threats are unique with different twists than what folks have traditionally prepared for. New thinking is in order. There is nothing about this fact, and the rational discourse needed to developed updated strategies, that should alert any three letter agency. The discussion is not, should not, and won’t be about anything illegal, as such discussions are strategies are counter productive to long term survival. Heck, even the federal and state governments tell us to prepare, as does the Bible. As an old man living a simple life with his wife and dog in the middle of nowhere, I am a threat to no one but myself.

The nature of power and authority are changing, how information flows and is filtered is changing, global markets have shifted, the climate is doing what climate has always done in changing, the financial markets are at great risk, and there are other emerging threats. The discussion needs to be about strategies that ensure we and our families survive the coming new world that is already here. The powers that be are the powers that be. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. This is among the rules my God wants me to follow, and I will. I think a real challenge we all face is the nature of what Caesar wants, and what the rules Caesar wants us to follow are a bit in flux right now. How we adapt and align our strategies with this change is a needed discussion. And this needs to be done prudently and 100% legally.

Comment

I keep poking in now and then, thinking that I'll be able to do so often, and then life happens, time passes. But I'm checking in today for a hello and to check out recent posts. Glad to see familiar 'faces'. Still prepared and always in motion. Lady B

Comment

It’s way past time...

if what the MSM says this past congregation of Patriots could easily have accomplished what they say... even 100 out of thousands,100,00o iif thousands could have put traitors where they belong.
            now it’s a drawn out Bosnian type...

Comment

It’s paztlgic, it’s emotional aka 1770’s...

Comment

Originally posted by Mudpuppy View Post
                It’s paztlgic, it’s emotional aka 1770’s...
                paztlgic
                Ok, I give up. This is a word I have never ran into. Neither my home dictionary nor does The Merriam-Webster Online dictionary have this word in it. So could someone please inform me of the meaning?

Comment

Still here, in and out, keeping my head down, eyes open and keeping the powder dry.

Comment

I'm new to this forum after leaving another forum where I was a member for over 10 years. It's all about the moderators.. They deleted a post I made just saying that it was against the rules, then I couldn't even email them or message them to find out what I did. I noticed a trend with that forum getting kinda jumpy when anyone said the wrong thing but, no one knows what the wrong thing is.

Comment

• Originally posted by kl0an View Post
                      I'm new to this forum after leaving another forum where I was a member for over 10 years. It's all about the moderators.. They deleted a post I made just saying that it was against the rules, then I couldn't even email them or message them to find out what I did. I noticed a trend with that forum getting kinda jumpy when anyone said the wrong thing but, no one knows what the wrong thing is.
                      Welcome. I have had similar problems with City-Data forum, especially when the moderators have to do a mass delete.
                      In some cases, it is lazyness, sometimes it is being overworked.
                      In the case of a couple of them (in a part of that forum that I no longer frequent) it is hostility to the very subject they pretend to moderate.

This forum seems to have a pretty easy going moderator. I have never had any problems with him.

Comment

• Survived the bad weather in Okla. with little more distress than reduced water pressure - Though I was prepared for Texas like results I was both blessed and lucky.

Comment

• i have cats sorry, this is a test at registration

Comment

• I speak Ukrainian, Finnish and Russian ... in English I use Translators

TEST

можу я писати на цьому форумі?

могу я писать на этом форуме?

voinko kirjoittaa tälle foorumille?

Last edited by Ragnar; 02-23-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• the forum understands my languages ​​... it's good.

Comment

Working...
                              X