Diesel......Is there a timeline on fixing "NEW POSTS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel......Is there a timeline on fixing "NEW POSTS"

Is there a chance of adjusting "NEW POSTS" to either a longer time period or larger quantity.......???

We keep recruiting new members.........but they click on new posts, and it say's zero new posts. Or one, maybe two new posts. They figure nothing happening here.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

I believe its based on cookies and what you last saw, don't think I can adjust the settings but will take a look! Good feedback though!
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

made some adjustments, keep an eye on it and new topics
      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
        made some adjustments, keep an eye on it and new topics
        Thank You........
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Thank you from me too! It would be grand to get this particular bug worked out.
          Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

From what I have seen New Posts seem to last until around 7:30 to 8:30 AM. Later than that there won't be anything unless they are newly posted that day.

It would be nice to see them stay a couple of days, especially if it is over a weekend. We can't always get to the site everyday.

Thanks for your help.
            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

YAY!!!!!! The "new topics" function is working!!!! That's the first time I've seen that happen since I have been a member here.

LOL, I think Diesel has been spraying a monsta can of WD-40 under the hood!

Comment

Well I still get zero or sometimes one or two "New Posts".

OK........It seems like "New Topics" is actually functioning as one would expect "New Posts" to function. It appears that "New Posts" only brings up posts made with-in a very recent time period.

I am I the only one experiencing it this way.....???
                Last edited by Sourdough; 07-26-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Sourdough, this is what I’m seeing as well. Glad to see new topics working though!

Comment

The "New Posts" seems to not be working for me as well.

What is confounding is that in the past, occasionally it worked, but mostly not.

Comment

Yay!!! The "New Posts" feature seems to be working. At least it has been the past few times I checked it.

Thanks, Diesel, for spraying extra WD-40 under the hood!

In fact, thank you for everything.

Comment

New posts not working for me. Come here 5 to 10 times a day. Mostly discover "ZERO" New Posts........Sometimes one New Post.

Comment

So I just made (2) Two posts, I then went and clicked on New Posts.......and it showed "ZERO" New Posts.

Comment

Well, dang... some days "New Posts" are no longer showing for me either, and some days it does. Seems to be an intermittent problem for me.

But the "New Topics" is working great, though.
                            Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 07-30-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post

But the "New Topics" is working great, though.
                              But......."New Topics" is NOT really New Topics. It is really "HOT" Topics or "Currently Active Topics". If I bump some of my favorite threads from years ago they show up as "NEW" Topics.

Comment

Working...
                              X