Ugh. I just can't escape it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. I just can't escape it.

SO, I wasn't going to post this as I sound like a broken record. Too many mini-SHTF in my life to count.

I have been back in the lifestyle for the last year, living full time in my RV:

I hitch mount a Suzuki DR650 Dual Sport on the back of my 2018 Thor Quantum Class C. The motorcycle gets me around, to the store, exploring logging roads, trips into the big city. I love it! Much better than towing my Jeep.

I've spent the last half of year mostly living as far off grid as I could - BLM land, National Forest, the woods! That's most of the reason why I haven't been on here. I've been around the country twice, currently up in Washington State.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I have re-stocked all my prep supplies in my RV and made it as apocalypse proof as I can.
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Comment

Glad your having fun.
        So........you decided NOT to purchase another home for now....???
        Last edited by Sourdough; 07-11-2019, 06:34 PM.
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Nope! I did buy another home. My ex-wife is living in it. Thus, the whole recent SHTF. lol

We are selling it. Along with the property the house that burnt down last year. The property is listed at $25K. Nobody interested for some reason.

-Buggy

Comment

Buggy, Glad to see you back brother. Sorry to hear about the SHTF with the ex. That RV and bike set up are sweet. Glad you are out there enjoying things, can't wait to see more photos of your adventures with your super dog
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Well, it must be time to come back to the forum. Hi Buggy. Long time no talk. Hi Country. Love the pic Buggy.

Dale

Comment

Dalewick and Buggy, both of you were very much missed and I am beyond thrilled to see you back. Now, if we can round up some of the other old-timers...

Buggy, I am so very sorry to see how things didn't go as planned. However, those pics show that you certainly know how to make lemonade when life handed you a bag of lemons!

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Awesome setup! Sure you've done alot of tweaking, mods etc might wan to share that stuff? What's your power & heat setup?
                  WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Man... hell must be about to freeze over or S is about to HTF... Diesel, Dale and Buggy back at the same time...
                    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

!!!!
                      Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Haha!

DALE!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the RV retrofitted with extra insulation, tank heaters, a better air condition. I use the largest Mr. Buddy Heater to supplement my coach heater. Plus I have a portable air condition I can run when it gets apocalyptic stinking hot! The rig certainly isn't end of the world proof by all means. In fact, it's pretty shoddily made for a Class C. I spent $89K on it and have repaired or replaced most of the coach equipment. The pluses are a full slide out (Which led me to buy it) and the pretty much indestructible Ford 10 cylinder chasis.

Right now, I'm dealing with the inverter being bad . I have a residential fridge that I can't run without running the generator down the road. It's under warranty, thank God. I have a 510 Watt solar installed as well as my generator

One thing that surprises me is the technology in this 2018 rig is not much different than the last RV I had, a 1996 Tioga! It's got the same water pump and heater, same propane systems, as any other RV from years back.

I'm happy with the dual sport motorcycle. It's not the best street bike, it's certainly not the best dirt bike. It is however, hands down, the best dually bike. Put oil and gas into it and it runs forever!

=Buggy

Comment

You coming up to Alaska with that rig..........???
                          One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
                            Haha!

DALE!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the RV retrofitted with extra insulation, tank heaters, a better air condition. I use the largest Mr. Buddy Heater to supplement my coach heater. Plus I have a portable air condition I can run when it gets apocalyptic stinking hot! The rig certainly isn't end of the world proof by all means. In fact, it's pretty shoddily made for a Class C. I spent $89K on it and have repaired or replaced most of the coach equipment. The pluses are a full slide out (Which led me to buy it) and the pretty much indestructible Ford 10 cylinder chasis.

Right now, I'm dealing with the inverter being bad . I have a residential fridge that I can't run without running the generator down the road. It's under warranty, thank God. I have a 510 Watt solar installed as well as my generator

One thing that surprises me is the technology in this 2018 rig is not much different than the last RV I had, a 1996 Tioga! It's got the same water pump and heater, same propane systems, as any other RV from years back.

I'm happy with the dual sport motorcycle. It's not the best street bike, it's certainly not the best dirt bike. It is however, hands down, the best dually bike. Put oil and gas into it and it runs forever!

=Buggy
                            By the way. I LOVE the Puppy!!!! You have been very busy. Have you considered one of the propane run fridges for the RV. A lot of the campers used them back when I was working. Just a thought.

Dale

Comment

Nice rig !

For a while, our family had a nice cab-over camper van / RV. Layout's since gone out of fashion due only having seat-belts in cab area...

Problem was the LPG tank & housing was TOO SMALL. We had to keep a smaller, spare tank 'indoors', under a lifting seat.

Okay, it was 'bungeed' to screw-eyes in the seat frame, which already had breather holes, but far from ideal...

Also, as the vehicle had a rear rather than side door, we'd no way to mount a tail-rack or trailer hitch. The latter was a real blow, as we'd a 'tried & tested' 'Indesuspension' baggage trailer...

Comment

Working...
                              X