Looking for energy bar suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for energy bar suggestions

I don't care how unhealthy it is........Energy. For when the "Hounds of hell" are chasing me and I have "Hit the preverbal WALL" and need instant energy. This is for the backpack.

EDITED.........It turns out that what I am looking for is instant Glucose injection by oral delivery. Runners GEL type thing.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 04-07-2019, 12:48 PM.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

IIRC, the UK equivalent is 'Kendal Mint Cake'. Also nice to eat / share...

Comment

Our local EMS department orders oral glucose packets by the 100's. They taste horrible, but do save lives. I just ran a search on oral glucose and found that they sell it in pill form at your local big box pharmacy. Pills would definitely cut down on space and weight, but I wonder how much you could actually get down (and keep down) without some liquid...

Comment

Originally posted by sunring View Post
        Our local EMS department orders oral glucose packets by the 100's. They taste horrible, but do save lives. I just ran a search on oral glucose and found that they sell it in pill form at your local big box pharmacy. Pills would definitely cut down on space and weight, but I wonder how much you could actually get down (and keep down) without some liquid...
        Thanks.......water is everywhere here......billions of gallons of pure fresh water.
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Must be nice. Growing up in the high desert I always think about water and water conservation first....I forget that other places actually have water just lying around!

Comment

Well I mixed 3 oz. of maple syrup and 3 oz. of Vanilla flavored coffee creamer in a 12 oz. container, shook vigorously.......so that is my temporary potion, till my Amazon order of super'duper runners Gel arrives.
            Last edited by Sourdough; 04-09-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Cliff & Powerbar gel shots aren't to bad. I think Gatorade also has similar energy "shots". I've used them when out working and you hit the wall, they definitely give you a burst of energy but it's not super long lived.
              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Working...
              X