Daily Sound Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
    and quite tin foil hat and drama queen free...
    + 100% to that!

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

I haven't seen Rich post on either forum. Maybe time for a PM.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

looks like time to revive this post///
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Tough to get everyone interested, again. You are making a valiant effort.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

yeah, about to be done with it as other than a few of us it's fate doesn't seem to bother anyone else. Doesn't seem like ownership cares if anyone is here or if it withers on the vine.

Comment

Had my 'Seasonal Flu' vaccination last Thursday afternoon. By Friday morning, felt trampled: Dizzy, aches, hot/cold sweats. Barely caught bus to/from local 'mall' for essential shopping. Saturday best forgotten. Sunday, better. Monday, okay again.

Nice to know I had significant residual immunity to at least one component of the mix !!

But, better a miserable weekend than full-on 'flu.
              Brrr...

Comment

Nik, glad to hear you're feeling better. One reason I don't get the flu shots. the other year I did as it was really bad around here. guess what, I got the flu... so no more flu shots

Comment

Fair enough, but, as flu versions mutate within community, a variant sub-strain may arrive or develop with scant warning.

Your seasonal shot does not guarantee immunity, even to the strains in the mix. But, it should improve odds of getting through mid-Winter without infection. Better to catch a mutant flu heading out of the Winter than a regular strain heading in...

FWIW, when I get full-on flu, I get it bad.
                  A lonnnng week of hallucinations, joint & muscle aches, high fevers, huge sweats, icy shivering. A week of utter debilitation. A week relapse. A week of exhaustion. Then, six to eight weeks of post-viral blues, when even down-hill is uphill....

YMMV.

IMHO, even if you have a natural immunity to the usual flu strains, I'd recommend getting the decadal pneumonia vaccination. Like the decadal anti-tetanus vaccine, it preps for potential mayhem...

Comment

I don't get flu shots for exactly that reason. Last time I got one I had a similar reaction. Never again. I have been fortunate, and haven't had flu in I can't remember when. I opt for high doses of Vitamin C every day, and massive doses when I get a cold, which is rare. Knock on wood, it seems to work for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X