No announcement yet.

Daily Sound Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am still hanging around, but I have had difficulty logging into the site. Everything seems to be working today. When I can get in, I will be here,
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

• Glad to hear from you Dale and know you are safe.

Comment

• Took a break for awhile thru the Rona... been working like crazy the entire time. Had a bout of it myself back in May/ June timeframe. Fairly minor other than utter and total loss of smell or taste for about 2 weeks. I mean like eat a spoon of horseradish kind of no taste. Had about 2 or 3 days where I felt like mild flu or bad cold, maybe more like a bad hangover.

Hope to start checking in a little more often. Glad to see Z, Dale, Morgan and others back on too.
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• Glad you are back. All of you have been in my prayers that you all avoid the Chinese plague or it treats you gently.
          Last edited by ZAGran; 10-07-2020, 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Checking in from Idaho.

Comment

• Still alive in WV. Looking forward to winter and some rest.

Dale

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan Dale! I hope for the same rest!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
                  Glad you are back. All of you have been in my prayers that you all avoid the Chinese plague or it treats you gently.
                  Thanks Z. If you would, keep my Aunt in your prayers, she was Lifeflighted to Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon after collapsing from cardiac arrest on way into hospital due to covid. She's in a medical induced comma but her vitals have been improving and they were hoping to try to start waking her back up today.

Comment

• Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                    Checking in from Idaho.
                    Good to hear from you. How long you been out that way? How do you like it out there. Have been thinking about possibly heading that way and getting away from the hellhole PA is turning into. But I've heard ID is getting more than it's share of Cali libs overrunning it similar to what happened in CO and Austin? Any truth from what your seeing?

Comment

• CountryGuy, I haven't seen any hordes from California yet. The people here won't put up with their bullshit. I expect after the election and the real chaos ensues, people will be headed our way. It could get interesting. All I know is Idaho is an open carry state, thank you, Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

Thanks Z. If you would, keep my Aunt in your prayers, she was Life flighted to Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon after collapsing from cardiac arrest on way into hospital due to covid. She's in a medical induced comma but her vitals have been improving and they were hoping to try to start waking her back up today.
                        Of course I will. In my own opinion having a name or connection for a person you are praying for gives the prayer more power because God recognizes that. You would be surprised at a list I keep to be sure I mention by name or relationship Those I pray for. AND I always pray for the best outcome.

Comment

• Thanks Z. Shirl is my Aunt's name. She's improved but still not able to come off the ventilator. Docs are apparently at a bit of a loss as they feel she should be able to come off but she keeps lapsing. Apparently their going to do some MRIs and other tests. I feel bad for my Uncle as she's his everything and has pretty much so taken care of him for close to 50 years now. She's a Gold Star Mother and she's been thru a lot of other trials in this life.

Thank you

Comment

• We will keep your Aunt in our prayers CG. Hope she makes a swift recovery. These are scary times.
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

• My NW UK area has gone into 'level-3 lockdown' due to the mostly-young-ish COVIDiots who went out to party, party, party without care for hygiene / safety. Think Florida's 'Spring Break' mode. Local infection rate now higher than Spring peak, hospitalisations exponentiating.

So, though "not quite vulnerable enough to fully 'shield' category", I've erred on side of caution. I usually do one big shop a week, typically cat-food, bread, milk and some convenience meals, but I'm skipping a week. I've opened my cupboards' buffer of long-life meals etc etc. I'm stuck indoors beyond dragging out the trash and re-cycle bins...

Fortunately, I've had this year's trivalent seasonal 'flu vaccination, so that's one worry dispelled...

( When I catch 'flu, it's a week of debilitating high fever / chill sweats, a week of exhaustion, a good week, another week of exhaustion then several months 'punch-drunk'. I do not recommend. Only upside is the 'fevre dreams' often spawn an off-beat Scifi story. In fact, I got one from the '3-day flu' after my trivalent jab... )

But, sulk...

Comment

• FWIW, locals have commented that, this time last year, lots of 'Socially Aware' folk were merrily masking to thwart street-level facial-recognition systems.

On principle, of course, of course...

This year, the same 'Socially Aware' folk are mostly refusing to mask against Covid, which they cannot admit as an existential threat.

On principle, of course, of course...

Go figure !!

But, I reckon you'll need strong drink after de-convoluting such bizarre illogic...

Comment

Working...
                                X