Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lose your property for growing food.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lose your property for growing food.

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=92002

    This stuff is totally frightening!
    Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
    {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

  • #2
    I've read the bill, and in the senate version, it specifically mentions that home gardens and home canning for home use is not included.
    Although the intent of the bill is to protect us from incidents like the spinach and peanut issues of the past few years, it is too complex and too vague for any good. Improperly used, it will do just what we fear it will. I hope it doesn't go through.

    Comment


    • #3
      But it DOES affectr the small farmer that sells at the local farmewrs market. If said frmer were to use ANYTHING that was made outside of the state that he lives would be in violation of the statutes within the bill and make it a Federal matter. He would receive visits form Federal agents according to the bill. For each violation, i.e. each item he used that was not made in his state, he could receive a 3000 to 5000 dollar fine. But if he could find a for everyhting he uses that was made in-state he could then sell his goods, just not over the state lines because then he would not be meeting the requirement that refer to the other state.

      Comment


      • #4
        True, as I said, the bill sucks. It will have effect up and down the food chain and the little guys will be hurt the worst.

        Comment


        • #5
          House Resolution 875, or the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, was introduced by Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., in February. DeLauro's husband, Stanley Greenburg, works for Monsanto – the world's leading producer of herbicides and genetically engineered seed.
          All these dang new bills and resolutions. What's next?
          "Be Excellent to Each Other"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by herbalpagan View Post
            True, as I said, the bill sucks. It will have effect up and down the food chain and the little guys will be hurt the worst.
            EVERYTHING he's done so far will hurt the little guy. EVERYTHING.
            "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

            Comment


            • #7
              I posted a link to this bill in the food section, and if you read the whole bill it will in fact have the abbillity to effect the home gardener. Here is a cute little problem that is legal and being used now. Lets say I grow corn from Home Depot seeds and the farmer down the street grows monsanto corn and their corn cross pollinates my corn. My corn will now have monsato DNA and by law I now owe monsanto money for growing their corn and I can be fined per acre of corn I have grown. So don't under estimate this bill.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
                I posted a link to this bill in the food section, and if you read the whole bill it will in fact have the abbillity to effect the home gardener. Here is a cute little problem that is legal and being used now. Lets say I grow corn from Home Depot seeds and the farmer down the street grows monsanto corn and their corn cross pollinates my corn. My corn will now have monsato DNA and by law I now owe monsanto money for growing their corn and I can be fined per acre of corn I have grown. So don't under estimate this bill.
                Good Lord! What's next. This guy sure keeps people hopping! They sure are busy up there.
                Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
                {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

                Comment


                • #9
                  He wants us demoralized and under control. All these bills control some important aspect of our lives.

                  The "change" he wants is socialism, if not outright communism. His grandparents, parents and childhood mentor were all communists, so suspect his eventual goal is that.
                  "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is very frightening.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am with you Sky.. I have said it from the get-go. Everyone was screaming Socialist about Obama.. Bull fridders! He embraces communist thoughts and ideals, he knows that he must take the Socialist steps first. Communism steps in when everything is lost, little food, no work, and no GNP. Thus no options. My 2 cents worth anyway..
                      "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes not even considering the other ramifications in the bill but just the ones I mentioned above makes this bill very insidious indeed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now in the news today, the Obamas are going to grow a garden on the White House Lawn.

                          The article says "While the organic garden will provide food for the first family’s meals and formal dinners, its most important role, Mrs. Obama said, will be to educate children about healthful, locally grown fruit and vegetables at time when obesity has become a national concern."

                          I guess when the President does it, it's not against the law.

                          http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/di...b.html?_r=1&hp
                          "Be Excellent to Each Other"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Brosia I am absolutely sure everything that was used was made in DC. THough I don't think that the law would apply to DC any since its' laws fall under a different provision from the state laws.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pathfinder3081 View Post
                              I am with you Sky.. I have said it from the get-go. Everyone was screaming Socialist about Obama.. Bull fridders! He embraces communist thoughts and ideals, he knows that he must take the Socialist steps first. Communism steps in when everything is lost, little food, no work, and no GNP. Thus no options. My 2 cents worth anyway..
                              If he were just stupid, he'd get SOMETHING right once in a while. He's gotten NOTHING right. Tells me his agenda is to crash this country since everything he's done is 180 degrees from what is needed for recovery.

                              And swear an oath to him? Not in this bloody lifetime!!
                              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X