Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Roundup: what are your favorites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forum Roundup: what are your favorites?

    I am also a member of https://www.survivalistboards.com/ and go by the same name as I do here. It is a busy board with tons of subforums.
    Genius is making a way out of no way.

  • #2
    Ditto on the survivalistboard. The problem wit survivalistboard is half the posts end up pissing contest. I also like Alaska Outdoors Forums, but I mostly lurk there. It’s Alaska specific, so I don’t see this as an alternative to this site.
    Last edited by Alaskajohn; 01-22-2019, 09:13 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      O.K. Grizz. I registered on your forum. There are others that I visit, but I have not participated the way I do here. I will look around and see if anything looks interesting.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

      Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am there too. I am A_sonofliberty there. It is very political over there. Here we are survival related. There is good information there, but there are lots of liberal trolls there too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Slingshot fourm slingshot community us sep board
          survival monkey dirt time fourm.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alaskajohn View Post
            Ditto on the survivalistboard. The problem wit survivalistboard is half the posts end up pissing contest. I also like Alaska Outdoors Forums, but I mostly lurk there. It’s Alaska specific, so I don’t see this as an alternative to this site.
            LOL.. ya.. Survivalistboard has about a half dozen members who rule and control all opinions. And if you use science, factual information, or real life experience to challenge their horse crap, the forum moderators send you warnings about respect and getting along with others.

            Its "their way or the highway".

            There's a ton of bad information over there that is supported by people who don't know any better.. Not all of it is bad, but some really important stuff is.


            It seems as though most forums have the same setup going on. Six to ten members who've been there for a long time that basically get to set the rules and you can't disagree with them without risking your membership.

            I was a member of a Solar forum also and was surprised to see the same behavior. I guess I kind of figured it was par for the course on a prepper type website due to the types of crowds, but on a Solar forum? That was an eye opener.

            One of the favored members was telling a new guy that Lithium batteries from electric vehicles (Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, etc) are a very bad choice for solar energy storage. After much research, I discovered the information he was presenting was twisted, exaggerated, and contorted in a way as to make the Lithium batteries look unfavorable for solar. Turns out, he was one of three or four members there that scour the entire USA to purchase these batteries for use in their racing hobbies.
            When I challenged them on it and brought up the conflict of interest, I was banned and posts deleted. LOL Turns out, the forum moderator himself was part of their little hobby.

            This is why our country is going into the toilet.. people no longer have any ethics or morality. Truth and honesty don't mean anything anymore.

            I'm a member of more forums than I can remember... Well over a hundred of them on various subjects, and about 90% of them follow the same pattern and it always results in bad information and censorship.

            Comment


            • #7
              TMTtactical mentioned these in another thread:

              Originally posted by tmttactical View Post
              Ask and you shall receive, Alternate boards. The last one has a tremendous numbers of posts but as GA, stated, it can get trollish from time to time. My first two listed have good members and very well informed members, me being maybe the least informed but certainly well opinionated.

              http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php

              https://mysurvivalforum.com

              https://www.survivalistboards.com
              Genius is making a way out of no way.

              Comment


              • #8
                I’m already on survivalist boards. My survival forum looked interesting, so I just registered there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SonofLiberty View Post
                  I am there too. I am A_sonofliberty there. It is very political over there. Here we are survival related. There is good information there, but there are lots of liberal trolls there too.
                  There are liberal trolls here too.
                  You will find them everywhere, and most of the time they try to hide who they are.

                  It's the internet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Murphy View Post

                    LOL.. ya.. Survivalistboard has about a half dozen members who rule and control all opinions. And if you use science, factual information, or real life experience to challenge their horse crap, the forum moderators send you warnings about respect and getting along with others.

                    Its "their way or the highway".

                    There's a ton of bad information over there that is supported by people who don't know any better.. Not all of it is bad, but some really important stuff is.


                    It seems as though most forums have the same setup going on. Six to ten members who've been there for a long time that basically get to set the rules and you can't disagree with them without risking your membership.

                    I was a member of a Solar forum also and was surprised to see the same behavior.

                    I guess I kind of figured it was par for the course on a prepper type website due to the types of crowds, but on a Solar forum? That was an eye opener.

                    One of the favored members was telling a new guy that Lithium batteries from electric vehicles (Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, etc) are a very bad choice for solar energy storage. After much research, I discovered the information he was presenting was twisted, exaggerated, and contorted in a way as to make the Lithium batteries look unfavorable for solar. Turns out, he was one of three or four members there that scour the entire USA to purchase these batteries for use in their racing hobbies.

                    When I challenged them on it and brought up the conflict of interest, I was banned and posts deleted. LOL Turns out, the forum moderator himself was part of their little hobby.

                    This is why our country is going into the toilet.. people no longer have any ethics or morality. Truth and honesty don't mean anything anymore.

                    I'm a member of more forums than I can remember... Well over a hundred of them on various subjects, and about 90% of them follow the same pattern and it always results in bad information and censorship.
                    Most of those posts are still there.
                    Anyone can find them by doing a simple search for the name you used there.

                    Patterns never change, do they?
                    Why not share links to some of the "100 sites" you belong to so we can see your "truth and honesty" firsthand?

                    I've seen a lot of it myself, but I'm sure others would be enlightened by your wisdom. ;)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SonofLiberty View Post
                      I am there too. I am A_sonofliberty there. It is very political over there. Here we are survival related. There is good information there, but there are lots of liberal trolls there too.
                      Yeach I also felt the same. The whole pushing politic narrative by some members even within sub-forum / thread that has nothing to do with politic is just too much there. Although I did learn a lot there in my early days in SB.

                      Troll regardless of their agenda are always everywhere in the internet.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just joined "My Survival Forum" using forum name "IBME". I am having some trouble learning to navigate around over there, but I'll figure it out.
                        Last edited by Sourdough; 01-29-2019, 06:59 PM.
                        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X