Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 41st President George H. Bush has passed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 41st President George H. Bush has passed.

My condolences to the Bush family on the death of their father our 41st President. He has passed away in the wee hours of the night. May God bless.

No matter what a person may think of his politics. If you have ever read the book, "The Greatest Generation" that man put it on the line during WW-II as a fighter pilot.

He flew 58 combat missions during World War II. Shot down over the Pacific by Japanese anti-aircraft fire, he parachuted out and was rescued by a submarine after huddling in a life raft for four hours while enemy forces circled.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Read my lips....
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had the honor to start my military service with him as my Commander in Chief. I can't say I was a fan of his things politically but I think he did what he thought was best for the nation and I don't think his patriotism could ever be questioned. Not many of that greatest generation are still with us, everyday we approach a time when all from that time will be gone and what a sad loss. This week I also found out one of my science teachers from Jr high passed away at 92. Until I read his Obit I had no idea he was a WW2 veteran who survived 52 missions as a bombardier flying missions over Europe, the Rhineland, North Africa and other places with numerous citations and awards. I find it strange that when we look at someone as they are today in our life we don't think about the who they were in the years past. How many kids today or in 20 years will see some teacher as just an old boring teacher and not know the story that 25 years prior they were a young fired up marine, soldier or even a spec ops warrior doing things of courage and valor they can't even imagine.

RIP Mr President and Mr Ward!
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

He was quite and reserved, a true gentleman. Met him once while in the military. blessing on his soul and prayers for the family.

Comment

God rest his sole, and prayers to all of the family. Everything you read about them, George H.W. and Barbara; was what kind and genuine people they were. Good to everybody top to bottom. A true Patriot.
            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
            X