Hey Sourdough...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sourdough...

How you doing? How's it going? What's shaken man?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...arning-n942256

Hope you're ok... not sure how close you are to it.

7.0 isn't small

He is ok... he said he had to change his undershorts, and everything is on the floor... said it was the worst he has ever experienced in 50 years.
    Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 11-30-2018, 04:39 PM.
    Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018...entral-alaska/
      One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Hope you're OK Sour. Sounds like was a pretty rough shaking.
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Wow.. that picture is awesome.. awesome destruction that is.

I bet whoever was in that little red car needs a change of pants.

No reports of deaths.. yet. "things" can be replaced.

Comment

If California is "shake and bake," Alaska must be "shake and chill." After that one, it's time to mix up a good drink...all you might have to do is stand still, and the earthquake aftershocks will do the shaking for you.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to have my whole world rocking like that.

Comment

I've always wanted to experience a major earth quake.. preferably while in the middle of an open field with a change of underwear. Unfortunately, they are not yet predictable.

Told my wife, the next time we know a major volcano is going to blow, we're going.. I want to see that too, and from just inside the minimum relative safe distance zone.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post
                If California is "shake and bake," Alaska must be "shake and chill." After that one, it's time to mix up a good drink...all you might have to do is stand still, and the earthquake aftershocks will do the shaking for you.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to have my whole world rocking like that.
                Speaking of drinks

One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Comment

Sourdough, glad to hear you are ok. those are some rough pictures and snow to boot. Saw it on TV today. It was a bad one. I think my granddaughter is still waiting to hear from her friend that lives out there. Just not sure what area. Seems she is ok as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
                      Duct Tape can fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

Speaking of drinks

That is enough to make a grown person cry! I can almost SMELL that photo, lol. I see a lot of plastic bottles...too bad the insurance company will try to force the owner to not keep any of it.
                        Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 11-30-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...hyfh/executive

It wasn't a 'Great Quake', but there are many, many 4x & 5x after shocks already, with lots more expected and a fair chance of a 6x...

Upside, no tsunami.

Down-side, pending further analysis, it may have moved strain to a neighbouring zone, which may yet kick up.

Take Care Out There.

ps Area does not seem to light-off volcanoes in sympathy with such quakes, and grumbling Veniaminof seems safely distant from epicentre,
                          http://volcano.si.edu/volcano.cfm?vn=312070

Comment

I see a lot of damage in those photos. Just glad there were no deaths involved in it and everyone came out ok. You can replace stuff but your life is another story. We can learn from this and how we can better prepare ourselves for things like this we don't know if or when it will happen. Same with the wildfires in CA. What can we do that would protect us from these disasters. These are things to ponder.

Comment

https://www.volcanocafe.org/the-anch...quake-of-2018/

A very good 'look under the lid'.

Comment

Working...
                              X