I'm still here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still here

It's been a roller coaster ride since losing everything in the fire a few months ago! We are just now getting into a new house, I'm on a new computer. It's been a full time job replacing all that's been lost.

For me, my whole outlook on prepping and survival in general has changed. Instead of being in a life boat, stocked with food, water and other things to survive this stormy sea of life, I see life as floundering in the ocean just trying to keep afloat and survive without anything.

No matter how well prepared you become, you can lose it all in a second.

Will I continue to prep? Yes and no. Mostly no.

As far as the turmoil here on the forums? Right now, I still don't have the time to read all that's been going on. I can moderate to the extent of getting rid of spam and such, however, personal problems between members need be handled between members. Placing them on ignore is a great idea. Note: I am limited in what I can do! For instance, if you flag a post or report, I can't read those notifications for some reason.

I have not been in contact with Diesel, he is AWOL even for me.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask in this post!

-Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Buggy: It is good to have you back. You have been in our prayers all along. I hope everything worked out as well as it could for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to start over.

Do you think you were better of than most since you had prepared, or was it an exercise in futility since you lost everything anyway? I know how quickly life can turn upside down. The speed at which life happens is something we are never ready for.

God Bless You. Hope you are back for a long while.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Thanks Morg!

I've been preaching bugging out since I joined here. Unfortunately, I failed to heed my own advice. I had thousands, if not tens of thousands invested in preps, all gone in a few moments. Like I said in another post, I got out with my bag, some clothing, some pictures and a few of my guns. There wasn't time to grab anything else! My "castle" was knocked to the ground and literally up in smoke. :)

I just rather focus on the present, rather than the future which is very uncertain.

-Buggy
      I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Buggy, glad to know you and yours are doing ok. Been keep you all in prayer.. I know it will take a while to get things back together but you will get there. You can and knowing you from your post you will pick up the pieces and keep going. God speed and best to you and yours.

Comment

Working...
        X