Survival Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival Books

These are just a few of the survival books I have: Two of them is a lot of reading and studying.
    Dare to Prepare by Holly Drennan Deyo
    The Prepper's Blueprint by Tess Pennington
    The above to is a wealth of information on all types of preparedness
    EMP Survival by Larry and Cheryl Poole
    EMP Survival 50+ tips on how to survive the electromagnetic pulse and save your electronic devices by Imogen Evans
    The U.S. Nuclear, Biological and chemical survival manual by Dick Couch, Captain USNR (retired)
    These are only a few of what I have been reading and studying up on.. The first two I don't think I will ever get through them.. Loads of great info.

Very nice! If I got all mine out, my list would probably look a little like one of Jerry D. Young's famous lists, lol.

I will weed out some of my favorites, though, and tell why they are my favorites...

As an incorrigible bookaholic, I will be following this thread, for sure.
    Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Grizzly, I would love to see some of the ones you have. Might be some I would be interested in adding to my collection. Right now I have some packed away in a box in shed as I have been going through house and reorganizing a lot of things.

Comment

"CONTACT" by: Max Velocity

"WITHOUT RULE of LAW" by: Joe Nobody (Author of "HOLDING Your GROUND")

"The SURVIVAL MEDICINE Handbook" (For when Medical Help is NOT on the WAY) by: Joseph Alton M.D. and Amy Alton A.R.N.P.
        Last edited by Sourdough; 09-24-2018, 08:34 PM.
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Sourdough, I have not heard of Without rule of law. what is it about?

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            Sourdough, I have not heard of Without rule of law. what is it about?
            https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...Channel=system
            One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Thanks sourdough. This book sounds interesting. Seems to have a lot of very helpful info. Will have to check into it more when I get back into doing more reading on stuff..

Comment

A book that I found was very interesting is SURVIVING THE APOCALYPSE IN THE SUBURBS by Wendy Brown. She and her family live pretty much off the grid. I thought it was very complete, and covered all of the important topics.
                Last edited by Morgan101; 09-27-2018, 07:18 AM.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Another book is Beyond the New Horizon: Living on the edge by Christine Conaway and perilous Journey a tale of survival. Also by Christine Conaway. She has a series of books

Comment

Strategic Relocation

http://www.joelskousen.com/strategic.html
                    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-30-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Sourdough that looks like it would be an interesting book but pricey at $35.00. We have been talking about the Tenn. area. Might make a trip there and look around at land. Kids won't like it but they can come visit. That is what their camper is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Sourdough that looks like it would be an interesting book but pricey at $35.00. We have been talking about the Tenn. area. Might make a trip there and look around at land. Kids won't like it but they can come visit. That is what their camper is for.
                        Local Library..............

Comment

If they don't have it, they may be able to get it on the inter-library program. If not, sometimes they will actually buy a copy to stock in your library. Most libraries maintain a wish list and order from the list when the budget allows.
                          Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

Local Library..............

good idea. Didn't think about the Library. Thanks Sourdough.

Comment

I go to the Library every week; part of my Saturday morning routine. Anything you can find on line they can order for you. That is one government service we use religiously, and are very happy for.
                              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X