Happy 4th of July all!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 4th of July all!!

Happy 4th to all and enjoy celebrating the birth of our great nation and the freedoms we enjoy. Don't let the younger generations forget the meaning and ideals we were founded on, remind them why to not give up their rights.... Lots of great quotes from our founders... a good day to read over some and remember back what those founding fathers risked to throw out their oppressor. Remember, we come from a background of rebels and hell raisers...

One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith - Paris Nov. 13. 1787

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong[. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.
    Last edited by CountryGuy; 07-04-2018, 01:11 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Dale
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Happy July 4'th everyone.
      One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Happy Fourth to all. Hope it was a great one. Great quote CG. Thanks for sharing.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

well it was a good 4th. Woke up with all my fingers intact, knew where I was and had my clothes on... LOL

those kind of 4ths are years and 5 kids ago...
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
            well it was a good 4th. Woke up with all my fingers intact, knew where I was and had my clothes on... LOL

those kind of 4ths are years and 5 kids ago...
            Hahaha! CG!

For the first time, I went to bed early and WAS not awaken by the craziness. I guess I'm getting old.......

-Buggy
            I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Happy 4th to every one. Saw some of the biggest fire works that you can now buy in Florida! Cannot wait for the M-80's to come back.

Comment

Working...
              X