Beyond a thousand days...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
    I cant wait for it to get bad but for a different reason than you, I cant abide other people, the sooner they start dropping the better.
    Dude, you seriously may have an issue and need some help or drugs if you truly are looking forward to an event where millions or billions die so you can be alone. Idea of prepping should be about being prepared for IF something happens, not sitting around hoping and wishing for everyone to drop dead. Maybe you should move to Venezula since it likely will be the next spot in the world that blows up into a SHTF situation. If you mean that, truthfully you must have a true psychological issue.

What do the rest of you think
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

i'm not looking forward to it because I know the probability of it actually happening is very small, but then again I do not fear it happening.
      I have never been a people person, I am the original loner, in another time I would be a hermit or a recluse.
      I prefer animals to people.
      lets just say, unlike some people, I have no fear of being left on my own, its my normal situation.
      still, going back to the thread title "a thousand days", so 3 years after the SHTF?
      going to be very different to anything we have now and that's for sure.
      Last edited by grumpygremlin; 07-01-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
        i'm not looking forward to it because I know the probability of it actually happening is very small, but then again I do not fear it happening.
        I have never been a people person, I am the original loner, in another time I would be a hermit or a recluse.
        I prefer animals to people.
        lets just say, unlike some people, I have no fear of being left on my own, its my normal situation.
        still, going back to the thread title "a thousand days", so 3 years after the SHTF?
        going to be very different to anything we have now and that's for sure.
        You are participating in a Social Media Forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post

You are participating in a Social Media Forum...

and?? I suppose you are insinuating i'm somehow being social, i'm not.(I've heard that one before) its not like I am talking face to face, i'm typing letters onto a screen.
          Last edited by grumpygremlin; 07-01-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

"You are participating in a Social Media Forum..."

So am I, which allows me to 'meet' people on my wary terms.
            And, IMHO, it is an honour to converse with such company...

Beyond formulaic chit-chat with neighbours, I find it easier to talk to cats than people. At least I can usually understand felines' mind-sets...

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
              "You are participating in a Social Media Forum..."

So am I, which allows me to 'meet' people on my wary terms.
              And, IMHO, it is an honour to converse with such company...

Beyond formulaic chit-chat with neighbours, I find it easier to talk to cats than people. At least I can usually understand felines' mind-sets...
              i'm the same, but with me its dogs. I tend to have more in common with canines than so called human beings.

Comment

FWIW, I've tracked down the book that prompted this thread...
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/06156123...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Not often I get so snarky but, IMHO, this earned it...

Comment

trouble with a lot of these books Nik is that they are American centric and lots of things like animals and plants are different to the uk.
                  try this one :Survival Advantage, survival foods and techniques for the North-West European environment.
                  written by Andrew Lane and published in 1992 in Yorkshire. isbn no:0-9522824-0-2
                  it was recommended to me and now I am recommending it to you!!

Comment

Murphy: It is a good idea to keep a record of a medical network. Should you run into an emergency you would at least know where to start looking if the local hospital was out of commission, or if the medical professionals that would normally be close to you have bugged in and the offices are closed.
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                      Murphy: It is a good idea to keep a record of a medical network. Should you run into an emergency you would at least know where to start looking if the local hospital was out of commission, or if the medical professionals that would normally be close to you have bugged in and the offices are closed.
                      That's exactly why I have compiled all that information.. so when it all breaks down, I can go find a doctor and bring him (and family?) into my community with the promise of food and security.

Comment

that's if they survived post SHTF, because of their very profession nurses and doctors will be the first ones to contact any disease in a pandemic or major collapse. look what happened when they tried to treat Ebola several of the nurses contracted the disease because they were working closely with the patients who had it.
                        anybody you bring into your group from outside post SHTF may have to go into isolation for awhile to make sure they don't bring disease into your group and that's not just nurses and doctors.

Comment

"Survival Advantage, survival foods and techniques for the North-West European environment."

Duly ordered from Amazon, along with the other three 'Canterbury' books. I already had his '101'...

Comment

Working...
                          X