Constitutional Igornace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitutional Igornace

After several discussions with numerous people under the age of 55 or so I have discovered that most, even some in my family, are appallingly ignorant, uninformed or rely on others to inform them about what our Constitution says. Most could not get past "we the people". So I have decided to order copies of the constitution for all those in my family. I read here that one or more of you carry a copy of the Constitution in their pocket. What I wish to know is
    1. Is this the "pocket Constitution you can buy off the internet?
    2. Any suggestions where I can get copies of this?
    I could print it off from the internet but it would not be of a size or convenience to carry to peruse on trips as a passenger in an auto or public transportation or on an airplane.

I got my copy in a chain book store. I'm thinking it was Barnes and Noble. They have a "Student" section that has many historical documents, and Cliff Notes. The copies I have are 8 1/2 x 11, and they are laminated. I think I bought the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but there was a pretty wide selection.

Great idea to school the family in what the documents actually say. Heaven knows what they are getting in school if anything.
    Last edited by Morgan101; 04-26-2018, 08:17 AM. Reason: Grammar/Spelling
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Gran, When my daughters were little (before kindergarten), we had them watching Schoolhouse Rock, including the one on the U.S. Constitution. This is a great resource for little
      kids. This is a great pocket copy of the
      Constitution which is put out and certified by the National Center for Constitutional Studies at around $1.00 a copy. https://www.amazon.com/United-States...=1524746749491

Hope this helps.

Dale
      Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post
        Gran, When my daughters were little (before kindergarten), we had them watching Schoolhouse Rock, including the one on the U.S. Constitution. This is a great resource for little
        kids. This is a great pocket copy of the

Constitution which is put out and certified by the National Center for Constitutional Studies at around $1.00 a copy. https://www.amazon.com/United-States...=1524746749491

Hope this helps.

Dale
        My kids had School House Rock as well, but the grand kids did not. So my Daughter sang all the songs to them and now they know them as well. Their favorite is "I'm just a Bill".
        Check the link and ordered 15 of them. Will be passing them out next couple of weeks. Thanks so very much!
        Last edited by ZAGran; 04-27-2018, 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I was gonna say the one I have was from Barnes and Nobles and it's about 4.5" x 7.5". its nice but sadly printed and bound in China. Makes you wonder if the workers can read English wonder what they think of the contents or maybe they are forbidden from looking or reading any of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	constitution.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	213511
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

There are many groups that will give you a copy of this document for free. Goggle it to find some. Most are the size of a small paperback book.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
              There are many groups that will give you a copy of this document for free. Goggle it to find some. Most are the size of a small paperback book.
              A single copy for free, yes, but I need at least 15. So I ordered and paid $1 each. Cheap at the price for me!

Comment

ZAGran: I just ran across this site. You could have some fun/education with the kids and grandkids.

Enjoy! https://civicsquestions.com/?utm_sou...ign=Bing%20cpc
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Took the 100 question test with my grand kids. . I missed 2. The kids missed 10 between them

Comment

Working...
                  X