Prayers please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers please

Hubby has had a cold for about three weeks. I have been noticing that his feet and ankles were swelling and this passed Sunday the swelling was up to his knees. It was really bad. He refused to go to ER as I was thinking he was going into congestive heart failure. His pacemaker picks up on the fluid around the heart and he did a home check in Nov. and they never called us on results. Took him to heart doctor on emergency visit to find out he was in congestive heart failure and that the pacemaker check did show the fluid build up. Doctor is going after the pacemaker clinic over this. He is now on Lasix and K. Just need to watch him and be very careful of salt as I found out when he was cooking collards he was getting hash brown potatoes for breakfast which is full of salt. He seems to be doing better today as swelling seems to be going down on the Lasix. Please keep him in prayer that this will settle down so he won't go into full congestive heart failure.

Keep the information you have on text, letters, phone records, etc. because you will have a great law suit against a few people in the end. If the pace maker was required to record and report fluid build up and did not then it is defective. Thus the law suit.

Keep his legs active but for at least 12 hours a day he must (MUST) keep his legs elevated above his heart. In a few days he will have the swelling down.

Comment

AJ, keeping all of you in my prayers.

Comment

Sent.

-Buggy
        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am hoping he will be doing better soon. The flood pills are taking down some of the fluid but feet and ankles still really bad.
          Rich we have everything documented. Got copy of the last pacer check. It did show he was building up fluid around the heart. I just can't believe they did not call us or inform his doctor. I am just glad we caught it in time and I had what was needed to start getting the fluid off of him. He now has his own RX's for all of it. He really doesn't need anything else to happen. He has been through enough.
          Thanks for all the prayers.

Comment

AJ: You are always in our prayers. Special prayers for Hubby that all will come out well. Take Care!!
            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Like Morgan, you and all my friends here are in my prayers, but glad to add special prayers for your hubby.

Comment

Apparently my post from yesterday didn't post..
                even in the bathtub will also help. Lasix I have not dealt with in humans ,but seen miracles on dogs and horses.

Blessings and prayers heading your way.

Cedar

​​​​​​​

Comment

AJ, you're both in my prayers.

I think you have a valid incident and should indeed talk to a lawyer about trying to go at this clinic. Their negligence is the cause of y'all incurring the current and I'm sure pending medical bills and all the stress and anxiety. As they say, pain and suffering. They should be made to pay and more importantly made to rectify whatever errors they have that is resulting in these issues not being reported. If it happened to y'all, you're likely not the only incident. How many others has it happened to? Has it cost lives? And if it hasn't yet, how long until it does? Their luck will run out at some point. Think you should definitely at least talk to a lawyer that specializes in medical malpractice, even if it's one of those ambulance chasers on TV, to see if they think you have a case.
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know that hubby is doing much better. he has lost over 16 lbs of fluid and is no longer in congestive heart failure. He still has a ways to go but is now headed in the right direction.
                    Country guy you are right we will be talking with a lawyer but at this time we are waiting to see what the doctors has to say to the pacemaker clinic. I think that they will be calling us from now on when he does his pacemaker check rather the results are good or if there is a problem. The doctor was furious over this but wouldn't say a whole lot at the time.
                    I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It means alot to us.

Comment

Glad to hear he is doing better. Prayers answered.
                      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Thanks again for all your prayers. Hubby is no longer in congestive heart failure. They think the nettle pot he was using with a saline solution that contained salt may have caused most of this. I don't see how except when he was using it, salt got into his system. He is salt restricted and has been for several years. He lost almost 20 lbs of fluid.. This has never happened before and I hope and pray it doesn't happen again. His feet and ankles were so swollen they looked like they were ready to explode. He won't be using that nettle pot again. It does clear your sinuses good but for him a bad idea.

Comment

Glad to hear your hubby is on the mend! About the nettie pot, I would check with the doc about how much salt he can absorb through his mucus membranes and/or the least amount of salt he can use for it to be effective.

Comment

Glad to hear it AJ!!!

Cedar

Comment

Again thank you everyone. Hubby is out of the woods but gets tired easier than usual. Otherwise he is doing good. With his heart problems he already has it was a scare, but got it under control quickly. Don't think the pacemaker clinic is to happy with me though. I gave them what for. They will be calling me from now on if they see anything in the reading no matter how small it might be. Then I can make that call and have him checked out so much sooner.

Comment

Working...
                              X