Glenn Beck Tonight 2-20-2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Beck Tonight 2-20-2009

Make sure you watch/tape tonites episode. Glenn is having a panel discuss the "unthinkable". Banks fail, economy crashes, what they think it would be like. He's on the Fox news network @ 5pm eastern

I'm watching

Comment

I finally found his listing on my Satalite channels and have set it up to record him each night he is on. :)

Comment

After a lot of searching, I finally found Glenn Beck on my local cable listing. He's on Fox News in the eastern part of the country, but in my area, he's on some weird other channel.

Anyway, will be viewing at 2:00pm here.
        "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

I will watch; wonder who is on the panel? I hope one is G. Gordon Liddy!:D

Thanks for the post.

Comment

Tonight will be a good one. He was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about. If you want to listen to him here ya go.
            http://radiotime.com/program/p_20277...k_Program.aspx

Comment

thanks for the reminder! I just recently started watching him, I like him! I missed yesterday's show, but you reminded me just in time for today's!
              "Be Excellent to Each Other"

Comment

Glenn Beck, today, talks with his guests about becoming prepared for a "worst case scenerio"...we've been doing this all along. Your preps, your involvement in this site, your ideas, etc, all coincide with what's happening right now, and what is predicted to happen in the future. We are becoming ready, and Glenn is telling all who will listen to do the same.

Great show.
                "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

I hope you all caught it. We "Bubbas" gotta stick together. It was a good show and will be somewhat continued Mon. He was really drawn by the two guests and the "Bubba Effect", it's subject wasn't completely covered and will be finished Mon.

Comment

Agreed !!! When he got to the "BUBBA EFFECT" all I could do is think of all of us. Great, now the ammo will really be gone at WalMart. I listen to him every day on XM radio.

Comment

great show. He scared the crap out of me.

I will be upping all my preparations, and moving my ass to get ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Brosia View Post
                        He scared the crap out of me.
                        Brosia,

I understand you saying that you are scared. I've been watching/listening to Beck for over 2 years now. He's good. He's gotten to me a couple of times as well. I understand your fear. I understand it very well.

Now I want to talk you down from there. Do not let Beck or anyone take you to a fearful place. You are stronger and smarter than that. Obviously so. You write well, you are pro-active, a thinker, a planner, you take care of yourself and your family, you are strong. It is obvious, at least to me. Even in the face of your own peril, if it comes down to your family or a bad guy, well, put simply, I'd bet you would put on your Momma Bear face and rip them apart. Right?

Behaving and operating from a place of fear will, at best hinder, and at worse hurt anyone.

One last thought for you. Beck is in the entertainment industry. It's a show, a performance. It's a performance like Ozzy Osborne biting a bat, Alice Cooper licking a snake, Gene Simmons of Kiss spitting blood and fire. It's a show, a performance. Beck works in TV and radio. There are only 2 goals in radio and tv, ratings and revenue. Beck even admits to this in his introduction recordings where it speaks of "The Fusion of Entertainment and Enlightenment". Ratings and Revenue, that is what motivates him more than anything. Is he telling the truth? Does he believe this stuff? Is he an honorable, trustworthy man? Yeah, I think so. But, is it not possible that he sees a niche in the market and he's just filling that need? I think so. He sees that there is a certain audience that is worried, even scared, and he is playing to their fears.

My only complaint? That I didn't think of it sooner.

But, then again, I'm ignernt.
                        If it looks ignernt, but it works, then it ain't ignernt.

Comment

It's a performance like Ozzy Osborne biting a bat,
                          don't you dare tell me that was just an act! Ugh, my world has crumbled! :p I no longer know what is truth and what is just plain gross.

I'm scared, but not to the point of stupidity. ;) Not yet, at least. besides, I've had to find out the hard way that I'm pretty good in a crisis. It's afterwards when I totally fall apart. :o

Comment

Glenn Beck

my brother has a small radio show on saturdays in syracuse he has met Glenn several times through the business and loves Glen . I go to church with a lady who was in the business with Glen in Delaware conn. and she says Glenn is a ass. Ive been watching him for about 2 years and even though he is a drama queen the bottom line is he talks about topics no else will. The border problem ,the move toward one world goverment, The brewing war between Israel and Iran. I like it when people make me think about things Ive never really considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brosia View Post
                              great show. He scared the crap out of me.

I will be upping all my preparations, and moving my ass to get ready!
                              It didn't scare me but it depress me... a lot. I worry about what the future will be like. It did "scare" me enough to change my plans from buying a few more groceries than we need each week to just going ahead and taking care of the food thing all in one full swoop. I plan to take Wednesday off and hit a local flea market to see what I can find and then on to Sam's.

I have a lot to do to be ready!
                              JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Working...
                              X