I'm just preparing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niki09,

I think what you're doing is great and it is especally neat and precious that your children are enthused about the new lifestyle. Teach them well and there is hope for them yet.
    "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Niki09 View Post
      NC and Texas...

Texas is closer.. I'll start there LOL

I like Texas and NC so thats good....

my husband was just saying that is tshtf Texas will be the only state that wont be affected... he was like maybe a cow will die, but those texans arent gonna let anyone eff with them, plus they all have guns. I laughed.. it's kinda a stereotype but we all know texas is texas... I think I'll move there and build and underground bunker HAHA!
      West Texas ( the region, not me) needs more like-minded people.
      I'm working on the bunker, though not today.

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
        West Texas ( the region, not me) needs more like-minded people.
        I'm working on the bunker, though not today.
        I think Bunkers are a great idea....... for sooo many reasons
        :D If you weren't prepared, then doom on you. (doom on you, doom on you) - Ice Age

Comment

I have a feeling that when the SHTF that I'll be one of those people standing on an overpass overlooking the highway watching a sea of cars in eternal gridlock. I've been preparing for a number of years but its only been recently that my wife has shown the same level of enthusiasm. She was never really into preparing more than a few days worth of food in case we lose power. What changed her mind was watching Jericho. I'd recommend the series as an icebreaker to friends & family that look at y'all like a nut whenever you talk about preparing. Now she's taking on more & more.
          We have a seal a meal & a commercial dehydrator. Most everything gets dehydrated & sealed. She is a seamstress like some of you folks & she's also a former EMT. So she's been taking care of the food & medical end of things. I've been storing trading goods & organizing the defense aspects.
          I don't talk about preparing with family. They believe that .gov will never let anything bad happen & that I'm nuts. I discuss preparing with a few of my friends. I lend them books & DVDs & we talk about what may be coming down the pike. I think most people are conditioned to believe that nothing bad will happen, & if it does to stay in their homes & wait for non-existent emergency help.

Comment

Originally posted by barkingowl View Post
            I have a feeling that when the SHTF that I'll be one of those people standing on an overpass overlooking the highway watching a sea of cars in eternal gridlock. I've been preparing for a number of years but its only been recently that my wife has shown the same level of enthusiasm. She was never really into preparing more than a few days worth of food in case we lose power. What changed her mind was watching Jericho. I'd recommend the series as an icebreaker to friends & family that look at y'all like a nut whenever you talk about preparing. Now she's taking on more & more.
            We have a seal a meal & a commercial dehydrator. Most everything gets dehydrated & sealed. She is a seamstress like some of you folks & she's also a former EMT. So she's been taking care of the food & medical end of things. I've been storing trading goods & organizing the defense aspects.
            I don't talk about preparing with family. They believe that .gov will never let anything bad happen & that I'm nuts. I discuss preparing with a few of my friends. I lend them books & DVDs & we talk about what may be coming down the pike. I think most people are conditioned to believe that nothing bad will happen, & if it does to stay in their homes & wait for non-existent emergency help.
            I am glad she got on board with you, as soon as I said something to my husband he was on board 100%, so that was awesome! I haven't seen Jericho but I think I will rent it! I'm lucky mom & dad are paramedics and my hubby is an EMT. So I think I'm covered there! Yeah if tshtf, no one is coming, not even fema, I wish more people could get that. The govt sucks as it is.. people dont actually buy that someone will save them do they? Whatever, the more morons that dont survive the better chances we have to rebuild.. sorry but true!

Is it hard to dehydrate? I want to make jerky and fruit snack type things for my kiddo. Those store bought ones are packed full of sugar and god knows what else Id like to make some for him because he loves them!
            :D If you weren't prepared, then doom on you. (doom on you, doom on you) - Ice Age

Comment

I am glad she got on board with you, as soon as I said something to my husband he was on board 100%, so that was awesome! I haven't seen Jericho but I think I will rent it! I'm lucky mom & dad are paramedics and my hubby is an EMT. So I think I'm covered there! Yeah if tshtf, no one is coming, not even fema, I wish more people could get that. The govt sucks as it is.. people dont actually buy that someone will save them do they? Whatever, the more morons that dont survive the better chances we have to rebuild.. sorry but true!

Is it hard to dehydrate? I want to make jerky and fruit snack type things for my kiddo. Those store bought ones are packed full of sugar and god knows what else Id like to make some for him because he loves them!
              Dehyrdating is fairly easy....google for recipes.

Comment

I think its pretty easy. I'll have to tell my wife about this board & get her to participate. I just discovered it myself this morning. She just got done dehydrating a bunch of venison jerky. One of our nephews has 20 acres up in VA that are loaded with deer. He came down to visit his grandmother & brought us a cooler full. My wife dehydrate veggies, both store bought & grown in the garden, fruits & meats.

Comment

Originally posted by barkingowl View Post
                  I think its pretty easy. I'll have to tell my wife about this board & get her to participate. I just discovered it myself this morning. She just got done dehydrating a bunch of venison jerky. One of our nephews has 20 acres up in VA that are loaded with deer. He came down to visit his grandmother & brought us a cooler full. My wife dehydrate veggies, both store bought & grown in the garden, fruits & meats.
                  yeah i'd like to do fruit too because when its not in season here I miss fruit so much

yum venison jerky!

yeah send your wife in

Comment

yeah I am trying to explain to them that its not us VS them, that it's about protecting our family and surviving regardless. I am catholic (sorry) they don't really have one, but perhaps I can find a church they would like and get involved with.

And i love this... "Violence only as an absolute last resort... but do not hesistate when it is obvious that it is needed."

I think I'll paint it on a poster board and hang it in my house!

thank you :)
                    I'm Catholic as well.. if you post the Quote to hang on your house you may want to make this change:

Violence-only as an absolute last resort... but "we" do not hesitate when it is obvious that it is needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X