Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loshali View Post
    Ok, point taken.

But I"m curious. If some man comes up to your homestead offering to barter a can of beans for 'services rendered' from your wife or mother, maybe two cans for your teenage daughter, you wouldnt mind if they took a romp in the barn? How about if he's looking for those services from YOU? Your kids need to eat, right?

Loshali
    Freedom also means the freedom to say no, and the freedom to say yes.

Personally I'd say no, but if someone else wants to say yes that is fine by me.
    On last caveat - it is the wife, mother, or teenage daughter that gets to say yes or no. Their body is their property... except maybe wives.... I'll think about that one for a while :D

If he wants services from me, he had better be a she. I am selective that way, I only have sexual relations with women, but again, it is my choice.
    Last edited by cwconnertx; 03-11-2009, 05:18 PM. Reason: incomplete answer
    My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Originally posted by Loshali View Post
      Well there ya go. XColony is now apparently a prostitution ring.

Go for it honey and 'seal your deal' all you want to. You say in one post that you did prostitute yourself to get your husband to give up his freedom and bank account, then in another you say you didnt. Then you compare that act to whether or not you are 'lousy in the marital way'. So I'm assuming from that sentence that if your husband isnt satisfied then he has the right to barter your goods with another prostitute of his choosing?

Yep, gotta take care of the idiots.

Did you even read my post that you quoted? I never said I 'prostituted' myself. You said that. I said I slept with him and he married me. That's not prostitution, hon, that's dating, which we did for years. It was supposed to be funny. WHen I said 'I'm with you Niki and Loshali, I said 'Cute and Smart'. Aren't you cute and smart? I never said a thing about you prostituting, nor did I imply it. You said that (or should I say, assumed that). Seriously, what the hell is your beef? I'm not into drama at all and you're up my ass about something I said off the cuff that was supposed to get a laugh. Last I checked 'killin' people' gets you more jailtime than bartering services, which I said TO BE FUNNY, as I propose your signature line is supposed to be. Are we running a 'he just needed killin' ring here? And stop 'assuming' anything about me and my life.. it's just making an ass out of you, because you're just wrong and are totally overreacting.

Could you please just get over yourself and drop it? And lay off the 'idiot' comments, which you so freely shared in both your nasty PM to me and your Girls Only room, as well as the quoted post above. You're making yourself look like one. Man, I had no idea you'd get your panties in such a wad or I never would have replied to your thread.

But I"m curious. If some man comes up to your homestead offering to barter a can of beans for 'services rendered' from your wife or mother, maybe two cans for your teenage daughter, you wouldnt mind if they took a romp in the barn? How about if he's looking for those services from YOU? Your kids need to eat, right?
      No Loshali, 'he just needed killin'. Don't screw him, you can just get rid of him and take his beans, right? Problem solved. Or you say 'no deal' and try to barter your extra holey pair of socks for a can of beans elsewhere. You handle a situation in a lawless society any way you see fit, as long as you can live with the consequences in your conscience.

Did you even read the rest of my post about what my 1 skill would be??? Let me quote it again for you. So by saying something serious in my second paragraph, maybe you can see that the above lines were intended incite a chuckle instead of purposefully pissing you off. Oh, and LOL means 'laughing out loud' and generally means 'here's a funny, I'm joking' in internet language. Now I know that nothing related to sex is funny to loshali at all. Note to self.

Niki and Loshali, I'm with you. Cute and smart. When I read the OP I thought my 1 skill are my abilities to flirt, seduce and ahem, impress. You can trade all sorts of good stuff for a good lay. LOL I got my husband to trade his freedom and his bank acct! LOL

Ok really now, my skill? I'm great at finding common ground and getting people together to work toward a common goal. Does that make me a community organizer? Can I run for president now? Or at least, VP, though I haven't shot a moose yet.
      Harm none, and do what you will.

Comment

Well said V.I. . Now maybe we can stop having all this drama and insults.

My "one skill" will probably either be gardening or teaching people to garden (although after the first year, they could handle it pretty well). I also can preserve food and know a bit about simple herbal medicine and other uses for herbs.

Comment

that's enough
          WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
            that's enough
            Thanks Diesel. I was starting to wonder.........
            With the way the world is right now we as a group need to get along especially well. I feel that the love has gone out the window. :rolleyes:
            Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
            {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

I agree with the need for 'mental toughness'. Is that a skill that can be acquired? I've given that a lot of thought. It's hard to define. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

I bleieve that "metal toughness" can be learned. I was told once that all the surface training in the world can not predispose someone to being able to cope with an emergency/disaster/crisis. However, I believe that by learning all we can, understanding what is going on, believing in certain principles and learning to live life with less "stuff" and being more self reliant, we will develope that mental toughness.

Comment

Originally posted by herbalpagan View Post
                  I bleieve that "metal toughness" can be learned. I was told once that all the surface training in the world can not predispose someone to being able to cope with an emergency/disaster/crisis. However, I believe that by learning all we can, understanding what is going on, believing in certain principles and learning to live life with less "stuff" and being more self reliant, we will develope that mental toughness.
                  I completely agree. Training can prepare one to deal with crisis and can develope a degree of mental toughness, but there is something more to it. In Ranger school, along time ago, we found out who could "hang" and think under pressure, even after going on only an hours sleep a night and two meals a day for a week. Some men would just curl up and follow blindly after a day or two, some would even cry now and then and some would quit. We quickly found out who had the mental toughness, the intestinal fortitude, to see the patrol through and not let their buddies down; those who can consistently chose the hard right over the easy wrong.
                  So, while I agree with you, I also know that it is not training and preparing alone that mentaly toughens you; you will be physically tough and mentally knowledgable, but that is not enough. You must experience some type of crisis, some type of deprivation, and then, then that something inside of you will come forth and you will deal with the crisis and be a better person for it, or you will cuddle and cry, look at the sky and ask "Why?".

I know I am starting to ramble. I have been a soldier in one form or another for most my life and I have known men that are physically robust, well educated, and graduated all the "hooah" schools; I have had the extreme displeasure of watching several mentally collapse and drift away when confronted with the reality of war and their chosen profession, some during deployment and some afterwards. They call it PTSD after the fact.

I think I drifted off-topic; sorry about that.
                  Thanks for listening, reading, whatever.
                  LH
                  Last edited by Long_Hunter; 03-12-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

No Long Hunter...you are absolutely right. It's the same point I was trying (not so successfully to make). In order to make sure you have the toughness, you have to under go some kind of test...but my thinking is that you can do training for it by doing without at home. Perhaps a week of bugging out or in with the family. No TV, no treats, no going out. It's much milder than what the military puts people through, but the purpose is the same. It's fine for us to sit here and say "ok, I can go without, I can build a fire", but I think you occasionally have to test that you can. It's a simulation of sorts. It will show who can handle it, but it will also build that toughness along the way. Marathon runners know that they can run, but they don't just jump into a 26 mile run without doing it a couple (or more) times.

Comment

Originally posted by Long_Hunter View Post
                      You must experience some type of crisis, some type of deprivation, and then, then that something inside of you will come forth and you will deal with the crisis and be a better person for it, or you will cuddle and cry, look at the sky and ask "Why?".

LH
                      Thank you for your service, me and mine appreciate you. But then we, too, are a military family. Skyowl was active duty for 24 years (Air Force and Army), our son was a marine for 10 years, our son-in-law has been Army for 13 years. We have known deprivation. We have known some crises. We cuddle each other but never cry.
                      "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

In a hard times scenario it would be expected that there would be extreme chaos. My ONE skill would be the ability to lead people. Not as a dictator but to get them organized so that we can survive. Once survival is assured then we build. Once building is solidly underway we can grow. Sounds kinda corny now that it has left my mind and been put down in writing but this is my ONE skill.

Comment

My skills are many, important to me and few others. I can protect my family and my friends can help themselves as well. As for my skill to help/save humanity... observation and learning from others mistakes. Protection and defense of communities and general mountain style survival. The game is abundant, water is pure and most regular folks stay out of the harsh environments of the wilderness.

Sorry for the delay in the post I get to this forum irregularly. As for the ladies arguments, can somebody say catfight. :eek:

Comment

Working...
                          X