1 skill to save humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious Ignernt View Post
    I'm still kinda new here and tryin' to figure things out, but I don't understand that acronym you used S&M, does that mean "Survival & Medicinal"?;)
    Um.. yeah! Thats what I thought it meant!!
    Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

Comment

Originally posted by Loshali View Post
      I was going to mention my Wonder Woman lasso, magic bracelets, and Xena Warrior Princess full armour corset, but after what Harleydude said, its kind of a moot point.....

Lo~ (im the girl)
      :rolleyes:
      This is useless without pics!!!!;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Rustyshakelford;12946] but I think everyone has to admit what Luther did was the best way to have a revolution. [QUOTE]

It is the best way, IF the other side will allow it. Didn't work too well against George III.

However, the nonviolent approach worked well and India got their independance.
        We can only pray and dream that if (when) the time comes here, our government will cave in to non violent expressions of a desire for liberty. I hope, but I don't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by RossA View Post
          This is useless without pics!!!!;)
          I'll second that......

And I agree that a non-violent shift would be better, but this country has just experienced not only a change in administration, but an actual regime change...you don't vote your way out of a regime, just into one (ie. the NAZI party, the Chavez regime, etc.)....socially dictatorial regimes throughout history have only been overthrown by war. If our current state does not qualify as a social dictatorial regime, I'm at a loss as to what does. The "entitlists" are now beginning to dictate the needs of one as pertains to the ability of the other....
          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

I believe revolutions come when the masses can no longer eat. Unfortunately if more and more people continue to leech off of fewer and fewer I am afraid that is where we are headed.

The economics simply don't work when half the population has to pay all the taxes (the top 50% of income earners pay 97% of all federal income tax)

The productive will flee and only the unproductive will remain. I have no idea when we might reach that point.

I do have my eye on a 33' sailboat, thinking of making the bug out location the open sea. Plenty of fish, plenty of water with the desalinators. Just need to mount the 50 on the deck to keep the pirates at bay :)
            My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Heading out to sea

Hi CW, great idea with the boat, heading out to sea. I thoght that was kinda funny about the 50 on the front, but wow, with the pirate problems out there, ya just wouldn't be safe without one. Need alot of ammo to keep ya safe for awhile though. Kinda makes me wish I had a boat, now that you mentioned it. It definately would be the one place where you might have a better than average chance of survival. Course, you might have to rely on sails to move about as opposed to trying to rely on fuel. But hey, great idea CW! Oh, I had to come back and edit my post cause I failed to pay attention to the fact you said it was a sailboat you had... DUH! lol
              Last edited by gharleydude; 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM.
              :D

Comment

Originally posted by gharleydude View Post
                Hi CW, great idea with the boat, heading out to sea. I thoght that was kinda funny about the 50 on the front, but wow, with the pirate problems out there, ya just wouldn't be safe without one. Need alot of ammo to keep ya safe for awhile though. Kinda makes me wish I had a boat, now that you mentioned it. It definately would be the one place where you might have a better than average chance of survival. Course, you might have to rely on sails to move about as opposed to trying to rely on fuel. But hey, great idea CW! Oh, I had to come back and edit my post cause I failed to pay attention to the fact you said it was a sailboat you had... DUH! lol
                I don't have it yet, but hopefully in the next 2 or 3 years. Of course the models I am partial to have engines as well, but I love to sail and in the long run it could be the only source of propulsion available or affordable. I have some more 50 AP rounds ordered, I have the 50, now I need to boat.
                My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Originally posted by gharleydude View Post
                  Hi Rusty, great question! But please allow me to offer my views on all of this if I may; while we sit around and hammer out our responses to this question, we do so in the comfort of our homes or wherever it is that we may be, with the full realization that tomorrow is going to be another day that we go to our jobs, school, or wherever it is that our responsibilities may lie. Just for one moment, close your eyes and imagine if you will, what kind of incredible panic, fear, psychological trauma, shock we all would be in if something as what has been tossed around here really were to occur. WHat we say we would do now, and how we really would conduct ourselves in a time such as that is a question that for many of us, we would not really know. For those of you who have served in the military, and have been in battle, on the front lines if you will; might be able to deal with the situation perhaps a bit better than say someone who never has faced such a stressful time as what we are talking about. But you want to talk about stress, psychological shock and truama; the full realization that nothing will ever be the same again, and that it is now a full battle for survival, and that if the elements do not do you in, there are roving masses of freaked out people who may try to take you out for whatever it is that you have that they want. It is a really really freaky thought. And I dare say that there is a very good chance that many just might not make it for the simple fact of it being just too much for them to deal with. It is going to take a strong positive mental attitude to survive in conditions such as that. And then too, we do not even know just what the conditions might be like. It might be worse than any one of could ever even imagine for; which again, to my point of being mentally tough, that is exactly what it will take to survive.. Just my thoughts, thats all.

Just remember that the mental toughness doesn't always lead our actions. As a Vet I do understand where you are coming from and I have seen the best and worst in people, but as a father and husband (and this might fall into the mental toughness catagory) I would do whatever, and I do mean whatever was necessary to protect my family. I think the right motivation can bring out the qualities that may be necessary to survive. With that said, training and preparation don't hurt either.
                  He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

Re issues of survival

Hi, thankyou for your response Monet, I completely understand what you are saying. And yes, I too share your thoughts on just how motivated we would become, to survive in the event our families welfare was at stake! I guess I sometimes question myself as to how mentally strong I really am though. When I read the news of today, listen to Coast to Coast with George Nory, and the information some of his guests bring to the table; when I see the red flags that are sprouting up all over this nation of ours like wild fires, the predictions made by so many, that we only have til 2012, and then it is supposed to all go to.. well you know what I was going to say.. these things sometimes keep me up at night and sometimes I almost think I am having panic attacks, thinking that indeed, we very well could be looking at the end of life as we have known it to be all of our natural born lives. I think of my wonderful wife, who does not want to hear about, much listen to, cannot handle the stresses of, the issues of our world today; how difficault this will be on her when it all comes crumbling down, and how will I help her get through it all.. These are the reasons why I question just how tough I really am. Yes, I ride a big ole Harley, hunt, shoot guns, and display the attitude of toughness, but does anyone really know just how tough they actually are til the crap hits the fan? I tell ya, this stuff that is going on right now, scares the living daylights outta me, and that my friend, ain't no joke. I wonder; is there anyone else out there who feels like me, or am I all alone in something like this?
                    :D

Comment

I understand your feelings entirly. My wife can not watch a scary movie within 3 days of me working a night shift, much less hear or discuss what seems to be going on in this country. She has actually spoken to my Dad (whom we both respect his widom and knowledge very much) and asked him to talk to me because she thinks I am getting a bit nuts. He tells her that he agrees with me and just let me do what I feel is necessary and for her not to concern herself. When needed she understands that if I am not around, we have two emergency bins, she would get these bins and follow the instructions taped to the top. Other than that she wants to know as little as possible. That bothers me quite a bit because that means if TSHF and I am at work, I have to make it home. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I married her this way and that is just how things will have to be.

I also believe that most people will rise to an occasion and do what is necessary. If you have prepared yourself, you will be ahead of many others when necessary.

So with this said I choose "Will" as my quality. There are others, but I think I like that one for now.
                      He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

I've been thinking a lot on this one, and re thinking after reading some of the well put responses, and I've decided on my ability to endure.

It could be living in a snow cave in -30˚, to scorching for days on end working in 130˚ temperatures, days without sleep, days without food, mental and physical abuse, stress or anything that would break some people down I’ve been able to push through and move on and to keep my wits about me during it.

I accredited one other skill to military experience but I call it LFSS
                        -Lead
                        -Follow
                        -Speak
                        -Shutup
                        I feel confident enough in my abilities to perform all 4 of these when appropriate and where ever needed.

Comment

good question rusty

sorry to sound all girly but I'm going to...

during my past 4 years on marine corps bases I have discovered that because I'm a girl (and a blonde one with um assets sorry but goes with the story), people will let me go where I want. I have been let into several restricted areas, shown classified documents, and pictures. Mind you this isn't like trading sex for classified info, this is me asking and them saying yes. Also after doing some work with Denver Police, I found that this is the response I get when I say I'm going to be a police officer... Really? You don't LOOK like a cop. Soooo after all this I finally figured out what I would do to defend america.... I'm cute thats that, therefor NO ONE would suspect me. And I make really good cookies and you guys can laugh but if I handed you a plate of poisonous cookies, you'd take them, or just flirt till you drops their guard. It's happened. I don't mind being cute on the front lines. I know its sounds nutty and I just took my meds so If it doesnt make sense sorry. But come on ladies... you know what I mean... sometimes you guys don't see it coming.

You should see the looks I got when I said I was applying for a moose tag cuz that's my dream kill. Guys are like what YOURE gonna kill a moose. Yup I am, and I'm gonna eat him and mount his pretty head on my living room wall...

does this make any sense? I'm saying I could help trust me.... I know you other girls on here would do it too.. for the sake of america and justice and whatnot...

dont worry rusty i wont ever feed you poison cookies :)
                          :D If you weren't prepared, then doom on you. (doom on you, doom on you) - Ice Age

Comment

Actually, Niki, what you said makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately for us, most men don't always think with their big head. Sorry if that was offensively worded to anyone.
                            A pretty woman has often weaseled her way into places and situations where a man couldn't go. It doesn't always take sex, just well placed flirting. And somehow, women seem to know how to do that!
                            You could be an excellent decoy, distracting a guard while the guys sneak into someplace behind his back.
                            A lot of ways that feminine beauty could be extremely helpful. Gotta talk to my wife about this. She's a few years older than you, but still mighty purty!

Comment

Originally posted by RossA View Post
                              Actually, Niki, what you said makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately for us, most men don't always think with their big head. Sorry if that was offensively worded to anyone.
                              A pretty woman has often weaseled her way into places and situations where a man couldn't go. It doesn't always take sex, just well placed flirting. And somehow, women seem to know how to do that!
                              You could be an excellent decoy, distracting a guard while the guys sneak into someplace behind his back.
                              A lot of ways that feminine beauty could be extremely helpful. Gotta talk to my wife about this. She's a few years older than you, but still mighty purty!
                              omg thank you.. I am sooo glad you understood what I was saying!!! Thank you :) Thats what I am saying we ladies can decoy and you boys kick ass or whatever! I bet your wife will do wonderful!! Besides a lot of those young military guys like "older" women :)
                              :D If you weren't prepared, then doom on you. (doom on you, doom on you) - Ice Age

Comment

Okay, I just almost vomited....this thread has been ruint fer me....
                                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Working...
                                X