Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Open Letter To LEOs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An Open Letter To LEOs

    I guess I am responding to both those who question the validity of a 'special' room for LEOs and making a statement in favor of said room. I do not come by my position lightly:
    I was born into a family with 26 aunts and uncles. Hitler and Tojo reduced that number by nearly half so I had alot of single aunts who married cops, all of whom were returned GI's, heck back then everyone was a returned GI. Why those women married cops is still a mystery but they did.
    So I grew-up surrounded by cops, I got special tours of the Police Academy. I got to shoot a Riesing 45acp subgun at the age of 13, and I got to sit around during the bull sesions and hear the war stories cops tell. This was back in the 1950's and 60's. Some of those guys packed an arsenal off-duty, some packed a 22LR! Some went to church and some were drunks who went to church and some were bastards.
    Not all my uncles were saints and some were Boy Scouts. One uncle used to bust drunks and take thier money. Another would stuff the drunk in a taxi and mail the car keys to the drunk's home. One Boy Scout was shot and crippled by a drunk. Cops; good and bad cops both face death every day, it is dam hard to raise a family that way and there are a million broken marrigages with both clean and dirty cops paying alimony cause they would not quit the job.
    All cops are human, none have unspotted souls yet they have to deal with a truely shitty world so that 'The Tide' if not defeated, is at least held at bay.
    I say give em a break and let em have a private room to jack thier jaws.
    If they were GI's I doubt anyone here would bust a nut over a private room. If Terror strikes Obamma's America the cops will be in the front lines taking the heat, so have a heart guys. My 2 cents
    Last edited by kenno; 02-02-2009, 11:46 PM.
    The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

  • #2
    Very well said!! Amen!!
    John 3:16 Joshua 24:15

    Comment


    • #3
      completely agreed
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kenno View Post
        I guess I am responding to both those who question the validity of a 'special' room for LEOs and making a statement in favor of said room. I do not come by my position lightly:
        I was born into a family with 26 aunts and uncles. Hitler and Tojo reduced that number by nearly half so I had alot of single aunts who married cops, all of whom were returned GI's, heck back then everyone was a returned GI. Why those women married cops is still a mystery but they did.
        So I grew-up surrounded by cops, I got special tours of the Police Academy. I got to shoot a Riesing 45acp subgun at the age of 13, and I got to sit around during the bull sesions and hear the war stories cops tell. This was back in the 1950's and 60's. Some of those guys packed an arsenal off-duty, some packed a 22LR! Some went to church and some were drunks who went to church and some were bastards.
        Not all my uncles were saints and some were Boy Scouts. One uncle used to bust drunks and take thier money. Another would stuff the drunk in a taxi and mail the car keys to the drunk's home. One Boy Scout was shot and crippled by a drunk. Cops; good and bad cops both face death every day, it is dam hard to raise a family that way and there are a million broken marrigages with both clean and dirty cops paying alimony cause they would not quit the job.
        All cops are human, none have unspotted souls yet they have to deal with a truely shitty world so that 'The Tide' if not defeated, is at least held at bay.
        I say give em a break and let em have a private room to jack thier jaws.
        If they were GI's I doubt anyone here would bust a nut over a private room. If Terror strikes Obamma's America the cops will be in the front lines taking the heat, so have a heart guys. My 2 cents
        Thank you Sir
        The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • #5
          Well said! The thread has my support...as if it had to? :confused:
          JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thin blue line.....

            I suppose my opinion is, that if a cop is here to 'take names', then he really wouldnt be in here identifying himself as a cop, you know? The members of that room wouldnt be the ones we'd have to worry about....

            Thank you, gentlemen and ladies, for the job you do.


            Loshali
            Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

            Comment


            • #7
              Cops are awesome, Except for when you pull me over for traffic violations. You are aware that 90% of the time that I violate a traffic law is because I just spent the past 10 min stuck behind some dillhole that can not drive which forces me to speed to get around them, make illegal lane changes, and I throw in a little reckless driving just to let them know that they suck!!! I am innocent!:D
              ~Lyon~

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                Cops are awesome, Except for when you pull me over for traffic violations. You are aware that 90% of the time that I violate a traffic law is because I just spent the past 10 min stuck behind some dillhole that can not drive which forces me to speed to get around them, make illegal lane changes, and I throw in a little reckless driving just to let them know that they suck!!! I am innocent!:D
                Hmmmmmmm....I think they call that road rage...and I completely understand:D:);)
                The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

                Comment


                • #9
                  I also feel very positively towards LE, and feel even stronger in my disdain for those that disparage the profession as a reflex; this has become quite common, and usually those folks turn out to be fools or idiots.

                  That being said, it is a profession which sets a standard, and I believe that it is fair to hold them to this standard.

                  I do not know why a section for LE should be closed to all but verified LE; I wouldn't have reason to visit, but if LE requests such a forum, and it is moderated, I would also have no reason to object.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FWM View Post
                    I also feel very positively towards LE, and feel even stronger in my disdain for those that disparage the profession as a reflex; this has become quite common, and usually those folks turn out to be fools or idiots.

                    That being said, it is a profession which sets a standard, and I believe that it is fair to hold them to this standard.

                    I do not know why a section for LE should be closed to all but verified LE; I wouldn't have reason to visit, but if LE requests such a forum, and it is moderated, I would also have no reason to object.
                    It's most likely closed to outsiders because of the imminent threat of those fools and idiots who would clog the LEOs' threads with useless rhetoric or attacks.....

                    The LEOs pay for their privacy, just like the VIPs do....just not in cash....some things are worth more, and are worth protecting.
                    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X