Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if tshtf and you where at work how many would be ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monet861
    replied
    Food wise, same scenario of vending machine. I have a closet full of company overalls, jackets, sweatshirts, and tees. The bad part for me is the 50 miles I gotta go. I do however have about 4 different ways to make it home. Plenty of lakes and streams along the way, but that walk may take some time if I couldn't drive.

Leave a comment:

• TLM
    replied
    22 miles home.

My knees aren't in the best shape so it really could be a survival situation.
    It all depends on the weather and if I had to sleep outside one night.

I carry a GHB in my car but I wouldn't carry everything with me unless I really needed it.

If I didn't have my GHB, I suppose I could round up some plastic bags
    and improvise a water bladder and a makeshift sleeping bag and/or rain coat.

Buy some snacks out of the machine... if the power was out,
    throw a freaking chair through the glass, tell everyone to help themselves
    and figure out how to pay for it later.

God's Peace
    TLM

Leave a comment:

• West Texas!
    replied
    I live 3 miles from work.
    3 minutes by car, 15 -20 if I have to walk, which I have.
    It'll take about an hour to get to our BOL by vehicle

I always have my GHB in the trunk or office.
    Son stays home with Mom, daughter goes to school 6 miles from the house.

Leave a comment:

• Ulath
    replied
    Live 2 miles from work. 4 miles to kids school. Wife has the bad trip of 35 miles and works downtown Houston. Might have to call her a casualty of war.

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    I'm in good shape at home or work. It would take me 15 mins to drive home, but barring natural disaster I think I would have no problems.

Leave a comment:

• Visinedrops
    replied
    20 minute drive through town, but I drive an armored truck. A heavy, powerful blob of get-out-of-my-way. Also, no lack of protection either...armed guards.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    why not upgrade the bike in storage to a scooter, that will cut your time down signifigantly

Leave a comment:

• Zombie Axe
    replied
    32 miles...

35 minutes in a car (Ideal Scenraio)

3 hours by a bike (maintain a storage building in the town I work in that has a bike and get home gear in it) and yes I have tried it

10 hours by foot: Not tried this path but I have hiked this distance before...

GHB in the vehicle...

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    20 miles from home.....all rural driving.....big fast truck.....4x4 would allow some off-roading if necessary.....wife is about the same distance in another direction.....kids are grown and better take care of me!

Leave a comment:

• flight or fight
    replied
    1 1/2 miles from work but the kids are 15 miles from home in school which i can't stand.

Leave a comment:

• Trapper
    replied
    thats how I feel about its like playin russian roulit

Leave a comment:

• Brosia
    replied
    Originally posted by Trapper View Post
    hell i wish i lived that close to work lol
    45 second drive to my job, 3 minute walk. Probably a 10 minute run, as I'd have to stop and gasp for air for a while.:rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    I live in clarksville tn I'm about 2min from ft campbell ky home of the 101st airborne our town has about 106000 and 30000 troops on post from what I hear
    You're either in a real good spot, or a real bad one, depending on the scenario.....

Leave a comment:

• Trapper
    replied
    I live in clarksville tn I'm about 2min from ft campbell ky home of the 101st airborne our town has about 106000 and 30000 troops on post from what I hear

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    hell i wish i lived that close to work lol

Small town.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X