Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if tshtf and you where at work how many would be ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 2 miles from work. 4 miles to kids school. Wife has the bad trip of 35 miles and works downtown Houston. Might have to call her a casualty of war.

Comment

I live 3 miles from work.
      3 minutes by car, 15 -20 if I have to walk, which I have.
      It'll take about an hour to get to our BOL by vehicle

I always have my GHB in the trunk or office.
      Son stays home with Mom, daughter goes to school 6 miles from the house.

Comment

22 miles home.

My knees aren't in the best shape so it really could be a survival situation.
        It all depends on the weather and if I had to sleep outside one night.

I carry a GHB in my car but I wouldn't carry everything with me unless I really needed it.

If I didn't have my GHB, I suppose I could round up some plastic bags
        and improvise a water bladder and a makeshift sleeping bag and/or rain coat.

Buy some snacks out of the machine... if the power was out,
        throw a freaking chair through the glass, tell everyone to help themselves
        and figure out how to pay for it later.

God's Peace
        TLM

Comment

Food wise, same scenario of vending machine. I have a closet full of company overalls, jackets, sweatshirts, and tees. The bad part for me is the 50 miles I gotta go. I do however have about 4 different ways to make it home. Plenty of lakes and streams along the way, but that walk may take some time if I couldn't drive.
          He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

22 miles home, have a old ugly 4x4 truck and theres no issue about making it uglier on the way home. My son goes to school 1/2 block away, but my daughter is about 5 miles away. wife stays at home. My gear is always in the truck.
            G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

what are ya kidding me

Originally posted by Brosia View Post
              45 second drive to my job, 3 minute walk. Probably a 10 minute run, as I'd have to stop and gasp for air for a while.:rolleyes:
              lets see work at home son 10 minutes to school daughter 5 minutes to school wife works at hospital in downtown cola jeep always ready 4 4 wheelers always gassed and ready bol is fifteen minutes from here and as for the quote GET YOUR SELF OUT AND START RUNNING YOUR NO GOOD TO US DEAD
              the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                You're either in a real good spot, or a real bad one, depending on the scenario.....

Exactly what I was thinking.....
                The game of the New World Order is playing out at hand...Be ready with your plan!!!

Comment

Long way away

I unfortunately work all over the state of NC some days I might up to 4hrs from home other days I might be less than a mile from home. My wife works 25-30 min away from home and we currently have no children so we are lucky in that aspect. Down side I drive a company vehicle that can be inspected by any mgmt of our company at any time in any office, also I enter and exit many bases around NC that require vehicle inspections , so I don't carry any type of sealed bag, packs etc that could cause confusion or a mess for me to clean up.

It sounds like I am out of luck all the way around.:(

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
                    I unfortunately work all over the state of NC some days I might up to 4hrs from home other days I might be less than a mile from home. My wife works 25-30 min away from home and we currently have no children so we are lucky in that aspect. Down side I drive a company vehicle that can be inspected by any mgmt of our company at any time in any office, also I enter and exit many bases around NC that require vehicle inspections , so I don't carry any type of sealed bag, packs etc that could cause confusion or a mess for me to clean up.

It sounds like I am out of luck all the way around.:(
                    I have a small fanny pack with me in our company car.
                    It's not a full blown survival pack but I could get by pretty good with it.
                    No firearms. Lots of useful stuff though.
                    I work for a chemical company and they are super safety concious,
                    if someone found it, I'd just say it was for safety purposes.
                    Nobody would question it any further.

Comment

I'm about 15 minutes from work if I drive safe. I have two routes to and from work and could easily go North, South, or West if I had to retreat. (Where I would go would depend on the threat.) Since Downtown Gastonia and Charlotte are East and are most likely where disaster would hit, it would probably make little sense to go East.

My BOB/GHB/INCH Bag is in the truck, along with three days of clothes, a tool box, three days of bottled water, my CB Radio, and auto maintenance/emergency supplies. I'm pretty well ready as I'll ever be, though I probably do need to streamline my gear to pare off excess weight and make more room.
                      "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                        why not upgrade the bike in storage to a scooter, that will cut your time down signifigantly
                        Good idea... but after a bad motorcycle wreck, I realize I am not as invincible as I once thought I was, so 2 wheeled powered scooters are off the table for me :(

I'll take a slow boat to China these days ;)

later,
                        ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                        beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
                          Good idea... but after a bad motorcycle wreck, I realize I am not as invincible as I once thought I was, so 2 wheeled powered scooters are off the table for me :(

I'll take a slow boat to China these days ;)
                          My step father was t-boned on a motorcycle in the early 80's, which shattered his lower leg, he now has a metal plate, several screws, and a bunch of other parts in his leg.

At one time I owned an old Honda scooter, and after a couple hours convincing him to ride it, he finally did...about 1/4 mile round trip. After returning, he handed me back the helmet with shaky hands and said, "It was fun, and I thank you, but I'm still not ready to ride one very far." So I can understand exactly what you mean.
                          "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

I guess I worry more about if I was out of town on business and it was far enough that I flew.

If I drive, i keep a pack in the trunk, a rifle, and always have several handguns in the passenger compartment where legal.

When i fly however, there are many items that just can't go, I always take a flashlight, my leatherman, lighter, medications, cash, and where allowed a concealed handgun on my person at almost all times.
                            Even when i can't carry I bring a couple of handguns with me. But I also bring a small first aid kit and my water filter, along with appropriate outdoor clothes, even if i don't expect to be outdoors. People have asked why I bring boots to a business conference. My answer is they look better with the jeans for the night activities.
                            I've seriously begun thinking about taking a rifle also. I always take my 1911 with me, because it is the best long range handgun I have. I can make torso hits at 100 yards offhand, and headshots at 25, but that is with still targets at a range. A rifle is just a better weapon, but it does take up a lot of room in the bag.

Anybody travel by air and take weapons rountinely or have a thought on the matter?
                            My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

here take a look at this it might help www.kel-tec-cnc.com they have a line of folding carbines and even a 22
                              Last edited by Trapper; 02-11-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper View Post
                                here take a look at this it might help www.kel-tec-cnc.com they have a line of folding carbines and even a 22
                                I am familiar with their work, I have a p32 as my backup gun.

I wasn't really thinking of that, it might be a decent solution. But i would still have to transport the locking case and all.. hmmm still thinking
                                My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Working...
                                X