replied
    Redneck??????

Did someone say Redneck??????

At your service.:D

Leave a comment:

• gharleydude
    replied
    Re HF recievers and scanners

Best I can tell you is that if you want to know what is really going on, and have some advance warning of TSHTF, learn about HF receivers, scanners, and your local emergency alert systems. I was one of the top communications personnel for the Army Guard in Massachusetts and have intimate knowledge of the alert procedures and radio transmissions that would take place in the event of an incident. I can assure you that a good HF receiver and scanner (VHF high is the most important convential scanner band here in New England) are some of the priority early warning investments you can make.

Hi Methusaleh, I really want to express my appreciation for your advice. Question; Where does one go to buy HF recievers, and scanners? What kind of money are we talking about to get fully setup to where you are ready? Also where does one go to get the knowledge of alert procedures and radio transmissions? I suppose that from your position of what you have done within regards to all of this, you must be shaking your head in amazement at my lack of knowledge on the how tos and what nots, huh?...lol I just never ever for even a minute thought that having this knowledge would play such an important role in our lives as it suddenly does now. So with that being said, I would be quite grateful first off for your patience, secondly, for any information that you would be willing to offer that could help us out with what we have been discussing. It is incredibly overwhelming when you stop and think about what it is that we are talking about, and the ramifications, fallout if you will, following something such as what is being talked about!

Leave a comment:

• gharleydude
    replied
    Re just a feeling

Hi, I just wanted to jump in with my two cents worth; My wife and I have been talking about a feeling we both have been getting, that something really huge is in the works. I cannot explain it, do not know where it is coming from, and do not have any idea as to when this "something" is going to happen. But just like so many who, before 9-11 said they felt a certain uneasiness that they could not explain, I too have that particular itch that really is giving me the creeps. Which perhaps is a sign that whatever this is, is not too far off in the not too far distant future. Unfortunately for us, I am just not too certain how well we will survive any pending disaster. I suppose many people ask themselves the very same question. It is just that like a post I made last night to one of the moderators regarding being prepared, we do not have nearly the amount of materials, supplies if you will, neccessary to get us through whatever it is that is about to happen; so I just hope that our guardian angel is watching over us, so that we will find a way to get through this, whatever it is.

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    replied
    gharleydude: See my post (#2) on this thread:

http://xcolony.com/x/showthread.php?t=1355

Take it from me, as someone who would not waste my time or yours sharing this if I did not know it to be true...save your time and ignore the mainstream media. Fox News, CNN, etc. are nothing but propaganda fronts for the interests of TPTB. I can guarantee you, with firsthand knowledge, that almost every story you will find in the MSM is either a complete and total fabrication, or is such a vague and superficial report that it is hiding most of the story.

Best I can tell you is that if you want to know what is really going on, and have some advance warning of TSHTF, learn about HF receivers, scanners, and your local emergency alert systems. I was one of the top communications personnel for the Army Guard in Massachusetts and have intimate knowledge of the alert procedures and radio transmissions that would take place in the event of an incident. I can assure you that a good HF receiver and scanner (VHF high is the most important convential scanner band here in New England) are some of the priority early warning investments you can make.

The way you will get the earliest warning about something happening will probably be on HF, possibly local FEMA or National Guard wide-area repeaters as well. Do not count on the media, local, national, or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Visinedrops
    replied
    Harleydude, being ready is more than just having a massive quantity of supplies to fall back on. Case in point, if something were to force me out of my house, I wouldn't be able to take a lot of the stuff I've stored.
    Begin with the basics, and get yourself a good hunting knife and a wilderness survival guide. I'm sure people on here will disagree with that, but it's a beginning. If you can learn to make what it is you need, you'll never be without, just my opinion.
    Build something. Doesn't really matter what it is, as long as you are happy with the finished product. The more you do, the easier it will become to continue.
    Find what you are good at; blacksmithing, wood working, framing, etc. If you are proficient in one thing, you can use that one thing to your advantage if bartering comes into play.

Remember, it's not about how many bullets you have, but how good your aim is.

Leave a comment:

• gharleydude
    replied
    Re the nightmares of Fox News

Whew, boy you are so right about having nightmares from watching Fox News too much!...lol My wife thinks I am a nut for taking the news so seriously, but I keep telling her that I do not want to be caught off guard and have no way to try and survive whatever crazy nightmare that might hit us. She says that if the crap was to hit the fan, in all liklihood, there would not be anything we could do about it anyhow, so why stress about it? And I keep telling I want to know if and when it all goes to hell so that I can at least try to survive whatever it is that we are hit with. Evan so, when I read the posts from so many others on here, I realize I really am pretty much screwed anyhow for the simple fact, that I have none of the stuff that so many claim to have on hand for survival. In the first place, to be perfectly honest, I guess I would not even begin to know where to start in obtaining, buying if you will, the neccessary items, equiptment that so many say is pertinent to survival. And in the second place; to buy everything that has in one way or another been mentioned, would take a boatload of money, of which, we simply do not have. I have a few firearms, but not nearly as much ammo as what has been tossed around here on the site; certainly not even near enough to last for very long. In perhaps a few months I might have a few extra dollars with which to make such purchases, that is if new laws have not been passed to prevent even that from occurring. So I do not know; I get pretty depressed when I read just how well some of the good folks on here have managed to stock pile certain items in large quanities, as opposed to what little if any that I have. I can only wish....lol Hey, I have a question... Is there any sort of guidebook or material that offers someone like me who has never attempted to begin the process of storing survival items and materials? I suppose on the surface of things, perhaps that sounds a bit silly, huh? It would be nice to have something like that to work off of, even if money was an issue. I t just might take awhile... Oh, I forgot, the one thing we might not have alot of is time huh? Well, like I said, I probally am just screwed...lol Ok, I have been way too long winded here, so I appologise. My wife says that I talk too much too...lol Thanks for your patience. I am out G

Leave a comment:

• Brosia
    replied
    I agree with you. I think I had nightmares last night because I was watching the News before bed. Should have stuck with Hollywood's horror movies instead of the real-life horror.

Leave a comment:

• gharleydude
    replied
    Re are we in the throes of the end?

Hello everyone, I did a post on Craigslist that I feel may have some nuggets of importance that, perhaps we all as Americans can relate to. I would like to post a copy of that here for all of you to read, and then perhaps get your feed back on the merits of what was written. I will freely admit to one and all, that I am quite fearful, now more than other anytime in my life, of there being a social catastrophe of unimaginable consequences, leading to God only knows what! I guess the thing that scares me the most, is the apathy that rages like wildfire throughout our country. We as a nation are devided. United we stand, devided we fall. Anyhow, here is the post I wrote today. Thankyou for your time in reading this.

Hello everyone, as I sit here and write this, I am filled with deep sadness at where as a nation, and world at large, we have succumbed to. No longer do we proclaim sounds of joy; rather, it is a struggle for many just to get through the day, and then at the end of that day,, having to worry about how to take care of their own.. if they still have the means with which to do so. Having such large numbers of people losing their jobs to layoffs in this country, we are on the precipise of an impending social disaster unlike perhaps anything that has ever been recorded in our history before! If you thought the horrors of the great depression of the 30s was impressive, just wait, you ain't seen anything yet! Our culture has been betrayed a generation of "me first", unwillingness to accept responibility for one's own actions, a lack of respect for people, cultures, and life; and so, are we better off for all of that, or are we not?
    We have a new sheriff in the oval office, a new administration that frankly, absolutely scares the living daylights out of me, as well it should you too, if you have been paying attention to the news. And if you have not, then you have only yourself to blame when our way of life as we have come to know it in the past 200 years or so, comes to a screetching halt! And folks, believe me when I tell you that it will. We now have a goverment in power that is on course to reverse every fundamental right to freedom that our forefathers so galently fought and died for. We also have, in my most humble opinion, a Commander in Chief who absolutely has no clue as to how to run the country, as evident per the past two weeks in his decision making processes. His choices for offices, and the willingness to depart from his rhetoric of change he so strongly sold us all on during the campaign, leave many of us all wondering if in fact, "we have been had", sold a bill of goods if you will? I fear for my grandchildren's future, I fear for our democratic, capitolistic way of life; in short, today I feel very sad, almost as if I know that the end of our way of life is very near, and that we as a nation, neither have the will, nor the the ability to unite as one nation, one voice to counter, that, which my friends, threaten the very institution, the fabric of freedom as we know it to have been, once, so very long ago, in these United Sates of America. If we but fail to stand up and defend that which is our flag, our way of life, then our enemies will be only too willing to take it from us, knowing full well that we do not posess the will to prevent them from doing so. Many of you who read this will quite likely dismiss this post as a rant and rave having no merit or value, but to those of you who who are listening, this is your time to stand up, to be counted on to do the right thing; to defend that which you hold dear to your heart and soul. God Bless America!

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    The wife's pretty hot, Rusty. You're a lucky man. Bet it's tough to keep a pretty lady like that happy, eh? :D
    Wives. I am a polygamist. All those babes are sister wives.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious Ignernt
    replied
    [QUOTE=Rustyshakelford;12502] I have, however, been on a possum hunt when I lived in East Texas. We did not drink beer, but did partake of some rather nice homemade corn liquor. It was a "get along with the neighbors" thing.

I was not invited back. QUOTE]

uh..., Mr. Shack, Sir, um..., it's kinda obvious...you drank too much of their likker. You guzzle another man's corn an you ain't bein' invited back. That's just ignernt. :D

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    The wife's pretty hot, Rusty. You're a lucky man. Bet it's tough to keep a pretty lady like that happy, eh? :D

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious Ignernt View Post
    'cuse me...but don't you dare mention rasslin' without mentioning...

The Nature Boy, Rick Flair ! Whooo...
    Sorry about the pissed off rant there. I actually have never watched wrestling, and very rarely watch TV period. I have, however, been on a possum hunt when I lived in East Texas. We did not drink beer, but did partake of some rather nice homemade corn liquor. It was a "get along with the neighbors" thing.

I was not invited back. Guess all the camo gear, the Saiga AK-47, and full battle gear scared them off. They never broke into my house though.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Honestly, even with the interruption....actually, because of the interruption, this has been one of the more entertaining threads in awhile....lol.....got my Jerry Springer fix.....

By the way, kudos to all the members for politely,intelligently and if I may say, humorously pulling together in defense of our community here against an obvious a-hole who sought only to disrupt, rather than inform or learn.....the thorn has been removed, so let's carry on with our education, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied

She's the blonde in the middle.. but i heard she gets around shhh

Leave a comment:

• Loshali
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    I sure wish I could travel, and have something to teach folks.

I would love to sit here and compare notes on where I have been, and what I know, and how superior I am, but rassling is comin on, and I got a six pack of beer to drink on the front porch with my wife/sister before I go on a possum hunt.

Rusty, when are you going to post a pic of Ms shackleford? I'd love to see your wifster...

Lo~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X