No announcement yet.

Calm before the storm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm not going to waste your time by telling you who I am. It's not that important. I'm not a moderator, just a lowly member. Personally, I like the people here, and I really didn't see a whole lot of friction within until these posts. Just relax and get to know everybody, and if you don't like it, we won't make you stay. You are free to leave, that's the beauty of it all.

Comment

N-E-WAYZ.....back to the topic.....

Anyone thought of some kind of DEFCON-style system to outline what your sit-stat is as events unfold toward "the storm?"
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

What is wrong with being a redneck? I'm a redneck and I'm very proud to be a redneck!
        John 3:16 Joshua 24:15

Comment

Originally posted by Rednekdaddy View Post
          What is wrong with being a redneck? I'm a redneck and I'm very proud to be a redneck!
          Nuthin's wrong w/rednex, we all luv rednex......love yer redneck.....how 'bout that topic, redneck?
          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Rednekdaddy View Post
            Amen brother!...I wouldn't want it any other way. I consider myself to be very fortunate that most would consider me a redneck. Otherwise I'd likely be on some forum trying to learn how to HIRE someone to prepare for me.:D

Comment

Originally posted by snal View Post
              Amen brother!...I wouldn't want it any other way. I consider myself to be very fortunate that most would consider me a redneck. Otherwise I'd likely be on some forum trying to learn how to HIRE someone to prepare for me.:D
              Grrrr..........this thread topic has been permanently corrupted.......

Comment

Originally posted by SEREmaster View Post
                My first post was responded to in this manner. BROSIA said I hit a nerve with her. Was that when I hoped that we would work together through these tough times, or was it when I encouraged restraint from living solely in fear and protectionism? Did I some how infer by those comments that I wanted to take away your freedoms or guns? OZARKpro rambled about Obama and "them people" I guess insinuating I was a satan worshiping DEMOCRAT. BIG_SAW called our government and neighbors decadent and ignorant! Who elected you as humanities judge? Or does that come with the "moderator" label. What, you can call your neighbors ignorant but I can't! Re-read your replies.

To bebopcop I didn't start my posting trying to teach anything! I simply expressed my desire for all Americans to work together during these difficult times, and somehow that was construed by your fellow members into being some leftist spy trick attempting to infiltrate your "forum". Read my first post, then come back to this. Really radical idea I know, but I just wanted to express my ideas on the topic. I didn't spend hours trying to figure out which thread I should go into to piss as many people off as possible. I stand by my second reply, given the examples cited above, many of you have over reacted to my comments. I apologize to all you FOX news watchers out there. I didn't realize that you were that sensitive to sarcasm. If BIG_SAW can call OUR government and neighbors decadent and ignorant then my description of ignorant rednecks stands!

Sincerely,
                SEREmaster
                I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but the language of not "living in fear and protectionism" is the same that those who would suggest that we are nutcases for "clinging to guns and religion"

Welcome to the forums.

I stand by the statement, I am a very well informed redneck.
                My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                  I'm done....promise!:)

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                    I would give up..

On the other hand, I do think an alert system would be good. Maybe numbers or colors... how about this

Defcon 5 - no need to worry, this probably indicates you believe the government will take care of you.
                    Defcon 4 - oh sure, there have been terrorist attacks, riots, hurricanes in the past, but it can't happen here or now
                    Defcon 3 - well it seems that there could be a societal breakdown or attack so maybe I should get some spam and bottled water
                    Defcon 2 - it is clear that we are living in dangerous times, better have bullets, medical supplies, food, water and most importantly knowledge
                    Defcon 1 - The zombies are outside the window
                    My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Originally posted by cwconnertx View Post
                      I would give up..

On the other hand, I do think an alert system would be good. Maybe numbers or colors... how about this

Defcon 5 - no need to worry, this probably indicates you believe the government will take care of you.
                      Defcon 4 - oh sure, there have been terrorist attacks, riots, hurricanes in the past, but it can't happen here or now
                      Defcon 3 - well it seems that there could be a societal breakdown or attack so maybe I should get some spam and bottled water
                      Defcon 2 - it is clear that we are living in dangerous times, better have bullets, medical supplies, food, water and most importantly knowledge
                      Defcon 1 - The zombies are outside the window
                      Now that's actually funny....;)...and surprisingly topical.......:D

My latest thoughts on the matter:

http://thefecalimpellor.blogspot.com/

Comment

What, does everyone on here watch FOX news exclusively? First of all have we had any politician in the recent 30 years that did more than average? You might have liked some more than others, but Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter they are still politicians. The difference this time is that they are all scared. With good reason. I do hope that this fear creates an environment where they all work together to dig us out of this hole. I will agree that this country will continue in a downward spiral for some time to come. I'm just as paranoid as most of you out there, maybe more so.

What I hope to see from the future is that we as americans work together to get us through this time. There are few people that are alive that have experienced any time similar to what is happening now. The majority of us have never experienced what is to come. We have to work together. That is one of the basic tenets of what has made this country important to each of us.

Look, I have guns, ammo, extra food and survival supplies. I'm more like you than this thread may appear. If we live solely in fear, and act in protectionist ways, we will only move backwards not forwards. Keep the torch of goodwill for your fellow american in your heart at all times, and only respond in an aggressive or defensive manner when [i]actually[i] provoked. As paranoid people we can sometimes make shit up in our heads that isn't actually true, mainly from fear.

thanks
                        SEREmaster
                        We had two good politicians. Reagan. Dont need to explain why. And Ford. Why Ford? He was the best prez we have had because he did nothing but play golf, and fall down. That is what I want from a Prez. Do nothing but meet and greets, and play golf.

Comment

Wow, after reading some of the defensive replys to my post I must say that most of you may actually be more paranoid than me! I asked for us Americans to help our fellow Americans through these hard times, I cautioned for some restraint to fear and protectionism. Hey, sorry for being so radical. A little fear is good, but I said living solely in fear, and from my reading of just a smattering of the threads on this site I think that is where a lot of commentators are coming from. At least by the way they use language describing their feelings. Hey if you want a self-fullfilliing prophecy then keep up the good work!

One of you said that I should introduce myself, and therefore maybe that would lend more credibility. Kind of silly really since this is a thread on a forum which anyone can register on for free. Like I should believe any of you.

This is what I am. 22yr retired SERE. That's survival, evasion, resistance, escape and recovery. I have worked with all branches of US military. I have worked with NATO allies. I was operational during desert storm. I have worked at the USAF schoolhouse for SERE training, worked base level with the SR-71 and U-2 aircrew, worked in the Pacific as the Code of Conduct director for PACOM while assigned the rescue and recovery center.

I was an instructor first, I'm not special forces, just worked with and spent alot of time with them (Army SF, AF combat control and PJ's, and Navy Seals). I'm not a super spook. Just a normal guy that pledged to defend his country from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC!

I went to motorcycle mechanics school after the military, finished at the top of my class with a top tech award. Moved out here to SC to be near my oldest son and grandson. I worked for HD dealership. I've been fortunate to have been in many countries, and all 50 states of this UNION. I have built my AR's, I reload, have shot competive pistol and rifle.

As if all that would make a sh*t of a difference to most of you. I bet the vast majority of you haven't been outside this country, probably not outside of your state! And you have a clear view of the world! RIGHT! I asked us to work together during these hard times, what I got back was "I'm protecting what I got" and "well maybe you should prove who you are to us before we listen to you". I'll remember that when times get tough. I'll remember to flip from safe to fire when I encounter another American! Ignorant rednecks! I don't care if you don't believe me or that I piss you off! If you want armaggedon then you just keep it up...you'll get what you want.

I sure wish I could travel, and have something to teach folks.

Let me do a little explaining. There are a lot of very well traveled folks with a whole lot os good info here. There are some folks here who have not left their small corner of the world, but have some darn good ideas and concepts to impart on the rest of us. I left my small sheltered life in a rural part of American 20 some years ago and have seen the rest of the world. And I really do not like a lot of it.

I for one have done lots of stuff and been lots of places. I have some good things to share, but I will guarantee that I learn a whole lot more from this board then I teach. I can promise you that.

What I do not like are folks who state they have been everywhere, done everything and really cannot learn from anyone else. So, instead of just lurking, insist on making a blanket statement that everyone here are just a bunch of hillbilly's who are brainwashed by FOX news. And if you store now for bad times, and feel it is your right to defend what you worked hard to put back in the good times you are just brainwashed by FOX news.

I would love to sit here and compare notes on where I have been, and what I know, and how superior I am, but rassling is comin on, and I got a six pack of beer to drink on the front porch with my wife/sister before I go on a possum hunt.
                          Last edited by Rustyshakelford; 02-04-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                            I sure wish I could travel, and have something to teach folks.

Let me do a little explaining. There are a lot of very well traveled folks with a whole lot os good info here. There are some folks here who have not left their small corner of the world, but have some darn good ideas and concepts to impart on the rest of us. I left my small sheltered life in a rural part of American 20 some years ago and have seen the rest of the world. And I really do not like a lot of it.

I for one have done lots of stuff and been lots of places. I have some good things to share, but I will guarantee that I learn a whole lot more from this board then I teach. I can promise you that.

What I do not like are folks who state they have been everywhere, done everything and really cannot learn from anyone else. So, instead of just lurking, insist on making a blanket statement that everyone here are just a bunch of hillbilly's who are brainwashed by FOX news. And if you store now for bad times, and feel it is your right to defend what you worked hard to put back in the good times you are just brainwashed by FOX news.

I would love to sit here and compare notes on where I have been, and what I know, and how superior I am, but rassling is comin on, and I got a six pack of beer to drink on the front porch with my wife/sister before I go on a possum hunt.
                            Rusty,

You never cease to entertain us... Who's your favorite rassler these days? The big show? Somehow, I think you really miss the Von Erich's and their famous "Iron Claw". Enjoy your Guiness and your sister;)
                            Wolverines!!!:D

Comment

'cuse me...but don't you dare mention rasslin' without mentioning...

The Nature Boy, Rick Flair ! Whooo...
                              If it looks ignernt, but it works, then it ain't ignernt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious Ignernt View Post
                                'cuse me...but don't you dare mention rasslin' without mentioning...

The Nature Boy, Rick Flair ! Whooo...
                                Rusty's not into "The Nature Boy" Rick Flair.... He prefers his pink tiger striped t-back underwear as opposed to going all natural AKA Commando:p
                                Wolverines!!!:D

Comment

Working...
                                X