No announcement yet.

Calm before the storm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels great to be in a chat forum with folks who know what the heck is going on in this fallen nation and world!!
    The game of the New World Order is playing out at hand...Be ready with your plan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by open2think View Post
      Feels great to be in a chat forum with folks who know what the heck is going on in this fallen nation and world!!
      And we're glad to be that way too. :)
      "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

I'm new here, but must comment

What, does everyone on here watch FOX news exclusively? First of all have we had any politician in the recent 30 years that did more than average? You might have liked some more than others, but Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter they are still politicians. The difference this time is that they are all scared. With good reason. I do hope that this fear creates an environment where they all work together to dig us out of this hole. I will agree that this country will continue in a downward spiral for some time to come. I'm just as paranoid as most of you out there, maybe more so.

What I hope to see from the future is that we as americans work together to get us through this time. There are few people that are alive that have experienced any time similar to what is happening now. The majority of us have never experienced what is to come. We have to work together. That is one of the basic tenets of what has made this country important to each of us.

Look, I have guns, ammo, extra food and survival supplies. I'm more like you than this thread may appear. If we live solely in fear, and act in protectionist ways, we will only move backwards not forwards. Keep the torch of goodwill for your fellow american in your heart at all times, and only respond in an aggressive or defensive manner when [I]actually[I] provoked. As paranoid people we can sometimes make shit up in our heads that isn't actually true, mainly from fear.

thanks
        SEREmaster

Comment

i think a small dose of fear is healthy- it gets you off your ass and DOING SOMETHING. And I will act in a protectionaist way- I have a family to protect, and those dang kids always want to eat daily and have a warm home to sleep in.
          I think all of us here are actually forward-looking. We are not going to sit idly by and wait for the government handout, we are working our asses off to provide for ourselves and our families JUST IN CASE. That is forward-looking.

I don't think the members here are agressive. WE won't be the ones out there looting and stealing. And it's only prudent to be defensive.

Please don't think I'm attacking you, SEREmaster, you just hit a nerve is all.
          "Be Excellent to Each Other"

Comment

What gets me about Obama and the sheep that follow him, CRYING TOO :confused: they're so happy! These are the same people that years ago aid to - trust no one over 30, and question authority. Don't question them now though, they are in charge.

It is always the time to prepare, and stay that way as much as possible.

A small dose of fear is healthy, depending upon how you handle it.

The problem is that when these people do something for US, it is in our best interest, they think. Texas congressman Ron Paul said it best -- http://www.ozarkpyro.com/tyranny.html

I've said it before a thousand times. Enjoy what we have left. We are living in the last days of Rome! Better be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREmaster View Post
              What, does everyone on here watch FOX news exclusively? First of all have we had any politician in the recent 30 years that did more than average? You might have liked some more than others, but Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter they are still politicians. The difference this time is that they are all scared. With good reason. I do hope that this fear creates an environment where they all work together to dig us out of this hole. I will agree that this country will continue in a downward spiral for some time to come. I'm just as paranoid as most of you out there, maybe more so.

What I hope to see from the future is that we as americans work together to get us through this time. There are few people that are alive that have experienced any time similar to what is happening now. The majority of us have never experienced what is to come. We have to work together. That is one of the basic tenets of what has made this country important to each of us.

Look, I have guns, ammo, extra food and survival supplies. I'm more like you than this thread may appear. If we live solely in fear, and act in protectionist ways, we will only move backwards not forwards. Keep the torch of goodwill for your fellow american in your heart at all times, and only respond in an aggressive or defensive manner when [I]actually[I] provoked. As paranoid people we can sometimes make shit up in our heads that isn't actually true, mainly from fear.

thanks
              SEREmaster
              SERE, while your opinion is valuable, and thanks for joining the fray, You might attempt to introduce yourself into the intro boards before injecting rhetoric into the debate :D......It'll help lend more weight to your opinions with the other members ;)

Most of us get our news wherever we believe we can trust the source the most....and that isn't the Chosen One's media croney outlets.....

As to the S&P scene and it's wide range of attached emotions and idealogues...the whole reason our nation's socio-political scene is circling the drain is because folks have neglected to display the justifiable outrage that they have kept pent up within themselves for so long. Our government, and our "neighbors" have been growing more and more decadent and ignorant for generations.....It's high-time we started regressing back to the days of common sense, and common-law...
              "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Big Saw...as always,WELL said!

Comment

heck with it i say we batten down the hatches and get past the bad and get on with the good
                  the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Interesting psychological reactions

Wow, after reading some of the defensive replys to my post I must say that most of you may actually be more paranoid than me! I asked for us Americans to help our fellow Americans through these hard times, I cautioned for some restraint to fear and protectionism. Hey, sorry for being so radical. A little fear is good, but I said living solely in fear, and from my reading of just a smattering of the threads on this site I think that is where a lot of commentators are coming from. At least by the way they use language describing their feelings. Hey if you want a self-fullfilliing prophecy then keep up the good work!

One of you said that I should introduce myself, and therefore maybe that would lend more credibility. Kind of silly really since this is a thread on a forum which anyone can register on for free. Like I should believe any of you.

This is what I am. 22yr retired SERE. That's survival, evasion, resistance, escape and recovery. I have worked with all branches of US military. I have worked with NATO allies. I was operational during desert storm. I have worked at the USAF schoolhouse for SERE training, worked base level with the SR-71 and U-2 aircrew, worked in the Pacific as the Code of Conduct director for PACOM while assigned the rescue and recovery center.

I was an instructor first, I'm not special forces, just worked with and spent alot of time with them (Army SF, AF combat control and PJ's, and Navy Seals). I'm not a super spook. Just a normal guy that pledged to defend his country from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC!

I went to motorcycle mechanics school after the military, finished at the top of my class with a top tech award. Moved out here to SC to be near my oldest son and grandson. I worked for HD dealership. I've been fortunate to have been in many countries, and all 50 states of this UNION. I have built my AR's, I reload, have shot competive pistol and rifle.

As if all that would make a sh*t of a difference to most of you. I bet the vast majority of you haven't been outside this country, probably not outside of your state! And you have a clear view of the world! RIGHT! I asked us to work together during these hard times, what I got back was "I'm protecting what I got" and "well maybe you should prove who you are to us before we listen to you". I'll remember that when times get tough. I'll remember to flip from safe to fire when I encounter another American! Ignorant rednecks! I don't care if you don't believe me or that I piss you off! If you want armaggedon then you just keep it up...you'll get what you want.

Comment

SEREmaster

First let me welcome you to the Xcolony. I sincerely appreciate your service to our country. I also served our country for 24 years and have traveled the country and the world. Can't say I've been to every state in this great union but a least 3/4 of this great nation. I'm not an ignorant redneck. Far from it. I don't believe the majority of the posters on this board are either. I think the moderator was just asking you to be cordial an introduce yourself in the intro section. Granted their may be those few that may lie about themselves or their experiences and knowledge; by enlarge most of the people on this forum appear to be good natured and trying to learn from each others while exchanging thoughts, opinions and ideas. That's what a forum is all about.

Name calling will get us no where and fuels the flames of anger, hate and racisim. Please don't generalize us all. We got too much of that in this world already. God forbid this forum gets to that point, I draw the line at racism and stupidity. I totally agree we should help those that want to be helped. I will help those that want to help themselves. But those that only want to help themselves to what I have or expect the governement to bail them out I have little if any sorrow for them.

FDR said it best "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". Your right a little fear is good. Protectionism to the extent of protecting what you have worked so hard for and your children are what most here are advocating. Those that advocate letting this country fall apart and picking up the pieces later, don't love this country with the devoution which we gave it personally defending their rights. Again welcome to the boards and God Bless.
                      Bayou Blaster
                      Veteran Member
                      Last edited by Bayou Blaster; 02-04-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Very well said, BB. And thank you for the courage and sacrifice you have given us all.
                        Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

Comment

My rant

First of all, I am a very well informed redneck not an ignorant one, and I think if you read a little more you'd find that most here are better informed that the average person walking around with their heads .... buried in the sand.

You're right about the politicians. But this one already has it on the white house web site that he wants to restrict my god given freedom (that's right, my right to protect myself was granted by god, and the bill of rights recognizes those rights, not grants them). So I believe it is fair to give extra scrutiny to those who try and restrict liberty.

The entire lot of the politicians running this country now are handing out money like it is on fire. I think that is fair reason to be concerned whether or not you listen to Fox news.

As far as my fellow Americans, I must admit I am running short on good will. There are too many Americans living off my labor, on welfare.
                          There are too many who want to restrict my freedom.
                          And to top it off, 50% of all Americans are below average intelligence!
                          Ok that last one is a joke, but I do pray often to find more goodwill, because I know I should.

Almost 50% of Americans pay no income taxes, creating a natural constiutency for tax increases on the other 50% in order to get more freebies. To me it is no different from stealing, and I have a hard time having a lot of goodwill for theives. Make no mistake about it, if you want the government to take from others to give something to you, to me that is stealing, or recieving stolen property.

So yes I may be short on goodwill, but if you want to support yourself, and let me have my freedom, then you are one that makes america great, not drag it down. A great many of those who elected Obama fall in the category of those who would drag it down. One can only assume that they voted for him because he supports those causes which would take from some americans to give to them. Obama said "share the wealth." How about go make your own wealth and leave mine alone.

I think his statements alone should be enough to worry freedom loving americans. So don't go off on those who are rightly worried and trying to do the best by their families. Nothing wrong with the right amount of fear, so long as it causes you to take action. When fear paralyzes or causes people to stop living their lives, then it becomes a problem.

I don't think asking you to introduce yourself was an insult. On the contrary, since the registration is free, I believe we are always leery of people who come in to criticize those who would prepare. Lefties who have an interest in big government want you dependent and will criticize people who prepare as nuts and cooks, your comments sounded a lot like those people.

Try and get someone who is dependent on the government to prepare by passing along the most valuable commodity of knowledge and see if it is appreciated. I've tried with lots of people, but they don't want to listen. I don't have the resources to prepare for everyone else, so the best I can do is pass along knowledge, but nobody wants knowledge nowadays, that is why this forum is appreciated, it is an exchange of knowledge. Nobody here is preparing for me, just exchanging information to help each other. The fact that anyone can join means the knowledge is available. If someone doesn't think they need it, that is their freedom.

My apologies to those who might be offended, to the rest of you I will try and get around to offending you later :D
                          My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

cwconnertx.....well said.
                            G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREmaster View Post
                              Wow, after reading some of the defensive replys to my post I must say that most of you may actually be more paranoid than me! I asked for us Americans to help our fellow Americans through these hard times, I cautioned for some restraint to fear and protectionism. Hey, sorry for being so radical. A little fear is good, but I said living solely in fear, and from my reading of just a smattering of the threads on this site I think that is where a lot of commentators are coming from. At least by the way they use language describing their feelings. Hey if you want a self-fullfilliing prophecy then keep up the good work!

One of you said that I should introduce myself, and therefore maybe that would lend more credibility. Kind of silly really since this is a thread on a forum which anyone can register on for free. Like I should believe any of you.

This is what I am. 22yr retired SERE. That's survival, evasion, resistance, escape and recovery. I have worked with all branches of US military. I have worked with NATO allies. I was operational during desert storm. I have worked at the USAF schoolhouse for SERE training, worked base level with the SR-71 and U-2 aircrew, worked in the Pacific as the Code of Conduct director for PACOM while assigned the rescue and recovery center.

I was an instructor first, I'm not special forces, just worked with and spent alot of time with them (Army SF, AF combat control and PJ's, and Navy Seals). I'm not a super spook. Just a normal guy that pledged to defend his country from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC!

I went to motorcycle mechanics school after the military, finished at the top of my class with a top tech award. Moved out here to SC to be near my oldest son and grandson. I worked for HD dealership. I've been fortunate to have been in many countries, and all 50 states of this UNION. I have built my AR's, I reload, have shot competive pistol and rifle.

As if all that would make a sh*t of a difference to most of you. I bet the vast majority of you haven't been outside this country, probably not outside of your state! And you have a clear view of the world! RIGHT! I asked us to work together during these hard times, what I got back was "I'm protecting what I got" and "well maybe you should prove who you are to us before we listen to you". I'll remember that when times get tough. I'll remember to flip from safe to fire when I encounter another American! Ignorant rednecks! I don't care if you don't believe me or that I piss you off! If you want armaggedon then you just keep it up...you'll get what you want.

Well SERE, looks like you made quite an impression here amoung all us "rednecks". Is this how you taught all those classes you taught? By going in assuming that they were all idiots? You must have been an excellent and effective instructor.

If you had came in and introduced yourself and then read some of the hundreds of post then you would have noticed the varied careers, personalities, talents, and experience represented here. There are professional soldiers, communication experts, computer experts, professional farmers, welders, professional reloaders, and police officers. There are people here with about every talent you can think of needed to support a community. We have people that no how to run a farm from top to bottom, and that includes planting, harvesting and animal husbandry. We have folks here that can't only repair a gun, but can build one. We have people here that do everything from being a store clerk, or preacher to working for the Department of Homeland Security. We have people here that have to scrape to get by financially and we have the upper middle class here, I don't know but that we don't have a millionaire here. We have people here that have connections in high places that give us intel that can not be gotten anywhere else and they do so with little regard for their own safety and job security.

This is a compassionate group. We discuss things like where to bug out to and where to meet up at. Some have offered to purchase land for a bug out location. They are a forgiving group. When I first got here I did something that called my integrity into question. I acknowledged my error, apologized, and continued to contribute. Now I am a VIP and Moderator and I think fairly well respected.

I have yet to see someone come into this forum and get judged by anyone, but I have seen a few come into this forum and judge us immediately. True, if you come into this forum and attack us, we will defend ourselves as you no doubt discovered. We are a tight knit group and are quickly starting to view each other as a sort of family. There is no doubt that when it really does hit the fan, many of us will be making an effort to get together and we will take some of our less fortunate members under the protection of our group regardless of their capabilities.

SERE, you are a man of many talents and great experience but none of which are not already represented here. Remember, no man is an island. If you will back up, take a breath, offer an apology, and come back with the proper attitude, you will find yourself in a great place to make new friends, and a place to grow in knowledge.

Sincerely,
                              Beebopcop
                              The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Apology?

My first post was responded to in this manner. BROSIA said I hit a nerve with her. Was that when I hoped that we would work together through these tough times, or was it when I encouraged restraint from living solely in fear and protectionism? Did I some how infer by those comments that I wanted to take away your freedoms or guns? OZARKpro rambled about Obama and "them people" I guess insinuating I was a satan worshiping DEMOCRAT. BIG_SAW called our government and neighbors decadent and ignorant! Who elected you as humanities judge? Or does that come with the "moderator" label. What, you can call your neighbors ignorant but I can't! Re-read your replies.

To bebopcop I didn't start my posting trying to teach anything! I simply expressed my desire for all Americans to work together during these difficult times, and somehow that was construed by your fellow members into being some leftist spy trick attempting to infiltrate your "forum". Read my first post, then come back to this. Really radical idea I know, but I just wanted to express my ideas on the topic. I didn't spend hours trying to figure out which thread I should go into to piss as many people off as possible. I stand by my second reply, given the examples cited above, many of you have over reacted to my comments. I apologize to all you FOX news watchers out there. I didn't realize that you were that sensitive to sarcasm. If BIG_SAW can call OUR government and neighbors decadent and ignorant then my description of ignorant rednecks stands!

Sincerely,
                                SEREmaster

Comment

Working...
                                X