No announcement yet.

Weather report and check in:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's flooding and then there's FLOODING, and then there's this CATASTROPHIC, HISTORIC FLOODING.

But I'm encouraged by the sense of folks pitching in on boats, etc. and it looks, so far, like the city/state/etc. agencies are moving in a pretty organized manner. It made things so much worse when Katrina hit, to have the sense that the response was not well organized.
    Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schneb View Post
      There's flooding and then there's FLOODING, and then there's this CATASTROPHIC, HISTORIC FLOODING.

But I'm encouraged by the sense of folks pitching in on boats, etc. and it looks, so far, like the city/state/etc. agencies are moving in a pretty organized manner. It made things so much worse when Katrina hit, to have the sense that the response was not well organized.

Speaking as a professional in that field, we learned a lot from Katrina. Sucks to learn from mistakes, but it can be an effective teacher.
      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

• I was glad to see neighbors helping neighbors. Something we don't see often. It's sad that people can't be that way when we don't have things like the weather to help others in need. Things are going much better than Katrina. Much more organized.. We have people here that have left to go to Texas to help out.

Comment

• We now have Erma in the Atlantic. Could hit a cat. 4 possible 5. We are starting to prepare as we don't know yet what this will do as they are talking more about Texas than what this hurricane is going to do. We may be in the clear of it but not taking any chances. Our bug out bags are almost ready to put in car. Just a few changes to make in them. We are able to store some things in tire well but don't know if that is a good idea or not. Thinking of copies of important papers in a water proof bag with some cash as well to put down in tire well. or to put in our bug out bags. They are about ready to put in car either way. Just waiting to see where this hurricane is going at this point but also being on the ready. People in Texas are going to have it rough for the next few months possible years. My heart goes out to them. If hubby can handle the ride we will be heading up toward Lynchburg area if not further. Have family there so should be ok. Will have to make a lot of stops for hubby so will take us longer to get to where we are planning on going if need be. I really hope and pray this one does not hit the US coastline. This country can't take another hit.

Comment

• I am listed available for going to help. Probably get a call next week. Going to get my house buttoned up so the family is good. I am spoiled though. Our house is well built block and if she gets worried she can go to a couple of buildings my work has that are solid like stone.
            "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

• With Irma on the way we are not taking any chances either. Today I bought a few things and our son is out buying a new chain saw and a roll of visqueen (spelling?) I put that in the house and if we have damage we can cover things. You can bet since Harvey, people want wait they will get things they need early.

Comment

• I pray that the remnants of Harvey touches you all lightly.

Comment

• Man what crap Labor Day weekend weather we're having here. Crazy cold weather, high yesterday of like 57 and today they say maybe 70 with heavy cloud cover and going from misting drizzle to light rain to nothing. They're saying Tuesday might be close to mid 80's with high humidity and chance of T storms and then Wed is to be back in low 70's. Crazy weather pattern. with it being the remnants of Harvey thought it might bring in some warm weather but it didn't.
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• Eastern Okla has been around 10 degrees cooler than normal for the past 10 days or so. Today Heat came back with a vengeance. Thermometer said 89 heat index said 100. Soo much humidity! worse tomorrow. and air temps are still not at usual highs

Comment

• Hate to disappoint everybody, but the weather here for the holiday weekend was absolutely fantastic. Sunny, temps in the 80's. Perfect for being outside. We got rain last night to cool everything off a little. We have been lucky.
                      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                        Hate to disappoint everybody, but the weather here for the holiday weekend was absolutely fantastic. Sunny, temps in the 80's. Perfect for being outside. We got rain last night to cool everything off a little. We have been lucky.
                        Well, besides the thick smoke and the 110 heat, it's fantastic here too. Wait..I live in hell. It's not fantastic at all! Bahaha!

-Buggy
                        It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
                        -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

• Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
                          Eastern Okla has been around 10 degrees cooler than normal for the past 10 days or so. Today Heat came back with a vengeance. Thermometer said 89 heat index said 100. Soo much humidity! worse tomorrow. and air temps are still not at usual highs
                          That was 2 days ago. Right now the outside temp is 57 degrees! God bless jeans and long sleeve shirts. Both can be rolled up in the heat and unrolled when sudden cool weather hits in the middle of the day.

Comment

• Getting hot and humid now. Suppossed to have rain soon.

Comment

• How did everyone come out with Irma? Our south Florida home survived with little damage. We had storm surge up to front door but not high enough to enter the house. That's what my friend said anyway. I am headed that way this weekend. We still don't have power and the county is under a 9pm to 6am curfew.

Comment

• Tailgate, I didn't know you lived in Florida. Glad to know you are doing ok. Hope all is found to be in great order at your house when you get there. Stay safe. I know all that flooding will have the bugs humming and ready to pounce on anyone they can bite not to mention diseases it will cause. Just stay safe and don't get cut doing any cleanup. That can be dangerous. Hope Tetne shots are up to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X