Hand made knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand made knife

Hand made knife with faux ivory handle and brass guard. Blade is 3.5 inches long and the knife is 8.5 inches long. No sheath. $50.00 plus shipping.

So, did you make this yourself? If so excellent job!

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
      So, did you make this yourself? If so excellent job!
      Yes Mam and Thank you! I love making things. The wife says it's the artist in me and she's probably right. When I'm not painting or sculpting I've got to find something to do and knives are useful. Thanks again Gran.

Dale

Comment

I understand the urge to make things. That is why I make so many quilts. Taking scraps and old blue jeans and turning them into useful and beautiful things, like your knife.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
          I understand the urge to make things. That is why I make so many quilts. Taking scraps and old blue jeans and turning them into useful and beautiful things, like your knife.
          How about sharing some pictures of those quilts? My grandma used to make quilts all winter. They were warm and more comfortable than anything you could buy at a store.

Dale

Comment

That's a sexy looking knife... Like the clean design...

Ditto on Grandma's quilts... My fraternal grandma did it right up till the Alzheimer got to the point she couldn't. Every winter the quilt rack would be set up in the living room for her to work on it after all the farm and house chores were done for the day. My maternal Grandma also did quilts but typically she did a lot more crocheting afghan. But now at 87 her age and hands have made her quit quilting but she still does the crocheting. Over the decades she made baby blankets for all her grand kids (12) and for many of her great-grand kids (13 and counting). and as many of us grand babies grew up and got married, she made us and our spouses a large afgan for our homes.
            Last edited by CountryGuy; 03-30-2018, 08:14 AM.
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Check out the What I Made thread I started. Every one feel free to include their own pics of what they made

Comment

Working...
              X