• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist???

Do any of you sell on Craigslist???

If so do you get good results??

Do you have any suggestions?

I have never tried it before...
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sold a couple of vehicles on there. And bought a couple also. I have looked for other stuff, but was unsuccessful. I have not had problems, but am also very cautious and only deal in cash.

Will
    CITIZEN by BIRTH
    AMERICAN by CHOICE
    NRA PATRON MEMBER by NECESSITY

Comment

Originally posted by wac220 View Post
      I have sold a couple of vehicles on there. And bought a couple also. I have looked for other stuff, but was unsuccessful. I have not had problems, but am also very cautious and only deal in cash.

Will
      Thank-you for your input, the part I was most nervous about, was the money part…and may-be coming to our home May-be I should put cash only in the add
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

Depending on what you are selling, you could also make arrangements to meat somewhere. I was not concerned because of the time of day and the close neighbors I have. We watch out for each other. If you are dealing with a valuable item, large sum of cash, or are just not comfortable, meet elsewhere or have company over during the transaction so they cannot gleam any perceived weaknesses.

Will
        CITIZEN by BIRTH
        AMERICAN by CHOICE
        NRA PATRON MEMBER by NECESSITY

Comment

Originally posted by wac220 View Post
          Depending on what you are selling, you could also make arrangements to meat somewhere. I was not concerned because of the time of day and the close neighbors I have. We watch out for each other. If you are dealing with a valuable item, large sum of cash, or are just not comfortable, meet elsewhere or have company over during the transaction so they cannot gleam any perceived weaknesses.

Will
          It is a large dresser so I will have to have them come here. I do have 2 German Shepherds at home as well as a good arsenal

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have used Craigslist many times both sell and buying.

Example: Try finding a plastic water barrel FDA approved 55 gallons for under 50 dollars on E-Bay or anywhere else on the web. Go and see what you will pay on E-Bay. Then check your local Craigslist and see how much it will cost you from a local seller. My highest price I paid was $22.50 and he delivered 10 of them to me.

2. Things to remember:

(1) Always use cash! you have less problems that way.

(2) No returns if they find they do not like it after paying for it. Oh Well they can use Craigslist and resell it themselves.

Comment

My daugter and son in law have both used cregs list for buying and selling with good results. they meet somewhere if it is something small. My granddaughter has her selboat on it now.
              AJ

Comment

Just sold my GMC work truck using craigslist. I got over 100 calls
                You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Yes I have sold a lot of things on there over the years and had really good results .
                  Robert W
                  Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I to have sold and got somethings, but beware the spanners. Best thing is if you sell google the email address of the person that's asking about it before you reply to it.
                    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
                    -Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                      I have used Craigslist many times both sell and buying.

Example: Try finding a plastic water barrel FDA approved 55 gallons for under 50 dollars on E-Bay or anywhere else on the web. Go and see what you will pay on E-Bay. Then check your local Craigslist and see how much it will cost you from a local seller. My highest price I paid was $22.50 and he delivered 10 of them to me.

2. Things to remember:

(1) Always use cash! you have less problems that way.

(2) No returns if they find they do not like it after paying for it. Oh Well they can use Craigslist and resell it themselves.

You need to VERY careful about buying containers that absolutely need to be food grade .... such as for water & food ..... the 3 rd party brokers, like on CraigsList, will tell you anything to make a sale ..... they figure when a person turns up poisoned they won't be found .....

and PLEASE don't tell me they are food grade because they have a #2 recycle symbol ......

Comment

I posted a real nice dresser for $25.00 its worth more than that but we just wanted to get rid of it, it`s taking up too much space. It is up stairs in our house and I need help bringing it down stairs, too make a long story short I had 6 e-mails about the dresser.(with-in 2 hour after posting) I thought $25.00 was a good deal…but most of the people who responded to the post wanted me to deliver it for that price. I think if they are to lazy to come and get it, I will just use it for firewood this winter….

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X